Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I list my plays on BGG, I'm a bit unsure as to how the order they are listed is determined. I just listed a night where my group played six games.

I'd been adding them in the order that they were played, so as I scroll down my list, I should see the 1st game I played during the night first on the list, followed by the 2nd, and so on.

This worked fine until I got to the last game, which inexplicably appeared at the top of my list.

When I tried adding more games to test out the order, they appeared below this top game, but above all the others.

Is this a bug, or am I not grasping the order in which these games are listed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMan2k3 wrote:
I just listed a night where my group played six games.

As an addendum:

For comparison, see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/MrMan2k3/star... versus http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/ogermino/star.... I had assumed that they were listed in the order they were input, but this case seems to disprove that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ogermino wrote:
MrMan2k3 wrote:
I just listed a night where my group played six games.

As an addendum:

For comparison, see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/MrMan2k3/star... versus http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/ogermino/star.... I had assumed that they were listed in the order they were input, but this case seems to disprove that.

Does it? How do you know which order he entered the games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

The game order on the picto-widget changes from run to run. I don't think any ordering is enforced. SQL is presenting them in the order it wishes.

Is it that big a concern?

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
How do you know which order he entered the games?

He's a GeekBuddy of mine and told me the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
    The game order on the picto-widget changes from run to run. I don't think any ordering is enforced. SQL is presenting them in the order it wishes.

I had suspected as much (being a Web developer myself).

Sagrilarus wrote:

No, I suppose it isn't much of an issue, especially since he lists the order the games were played in the description anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Yeah, the order seems to be somewhat random and change from time to time if you refresh, at least for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

It's an annoying inconvenience that causes occasional confusion when one logs multiple games on the same day, especially from a long list of plays (e.g. a day at a con), where it makes checking the data input more cumbersome.

But in the grand scheme of things, of course there are worse problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up manually reentering the plays. I guess I just like to be able to glance at my list and see all the plays for a night in the order that we played them.

It's not a critical issue, but as Russ said, it can be an inconvenience.

From now on, I'll be adding all plays with only the game played and date to make sure they're in the order I want, then I'll add the extra info afterward. This seems like it should work out fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.