Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I received some mail about contract advancement. Normally in the game you have an equilibrium between contracts-player interactions.

As in normal rules, you need at least a region under your control to advance in contract ruler. After that, players have to limit other players that are advancing too much in contract ruler (with rebels, oil alliance, etc.) or choose a different competitive strategy.

If you want more control by rules on that (and not by players), you can try one of this:

A) a player can obtain at max 1 advancement step for each turn per each region that he controls (more restrictive).
A) a player can obtain at max 1 advancement step for each action per each region that he controls (less restrictive).

Let me know about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Lee
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michele,

We came up with a third variant:

A player may obtain (total in the game) two contracts for each region that he controls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! really restrictive!!! p
Contract ruler will step down at the end of the game, if a player looses some regions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Lee
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
micheleq wrote:
Wow! really restrictive!!! p
Contract ruler will step down at the end of the game, if a player looses some regions?

Our concern was that we didn't want contracts to become a game-winning mechanism at the expense of actually interacting on the map board.

As far as the consequences of losing regions, we didn't come up with anything firm. My personal feeling is that a player should never lose contracts, even if he later loses the supporting number of regions. This will encourage players to interact more with each other in trying to control the regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting

I will make some experiments in my next plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One playing: we found contracts were not nearly as important as grabbing a chunk of the Government Oil, but we finished at $15/barrel and no one had a Contract higher than 50, so maybe it was just rookie mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to suggest a 4th variant, which could be slapped on by itself or with any other variant: the Contract pays immediately after that player completes all construction actions for that Action Selection. The amount of the payout equals the difference between the marker's start and end positions for that Action Selection, which means that the money gained from the contracts may not be used towards more contracts during that one Action Selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.