5 Posts

Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Question: Avoiding Attrition Losses at Sea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you sail up to the "safe" days in your zone and stay at sea, forfeiting the rest of your 7 days, without taking losses? Or do you have to pull into port?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dardia
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can stay at sea, but you will be vulnerable to the Sea Monster if someone has that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian and Keisha Pihl
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cards that affect ships at a port. I wouldn't be worried about staying at sea. It is usually better than losing something for going over the good sailing days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen the Sea Monster card yet, so I guess we're safe! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher S.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Frankly, if I get the Sea Monster I'll hang on to it unless or until I can hit a home run with it. You'll have a somewhat greater sense of security to stay out at sea, and if you do so often people will realize that you have it and tend to play safe, thereby slowing them down or discouraging them taking some sagas that don't offer ports along the way. Of course, as I recall there is another card that can hurt you out to sea...

Anyway, those sorts of calculations and mind games are why I'll always keep those cards in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.