Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm planning on writing a few reviews of board games that 12 year olds might be interested in playing in hopes of getting them into board games more.

I know most of the classics that should be recommended (Ticket to Ride, Catan, Carcassonne, Apples to Apples, etc). But I was wondering if you guys could share your expertise and enthusiasm with me? I would like to know about any board games that came out recently (or had an expansion come out recently). As well, any anticipated releases, like Pandemic's expansion, would be good too so that I'll know what to look out for.

Additionally, if you know of any reprints of great games, like the 2009 reprint of Fury of Dracula, that's also great.

Here's my list so far:
Mr. Jack expansion
Pandemic expansion
Fury of Dracula reprint
Munchkin Quest
Bang! The Bullet
Agricola reprint
Ghost Stories
Risk
Battlestar Galactica reprint
Race for the Galaxy expansion
Le Havre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!!! It was reprinted in 2006 (I think) and it clearly states 12+ on the side of the box, due to the visuals on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the vast majority of all games can be appreciated by 12 year olds.

There are some 12 year olds who enjoy ASL or Die Macher or 18XX, etc. I know some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.