Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
(Author's Note: A lot of this is going off of memory, so I don't have the exact names or details of a lot of places and locations.)

Once upon a World of Warcraft Adventure, a fearless Dwarven Hunter and some half-decayed Undead Mage decided to go out and quest. Their goal - to be the most renowned Quester in Azaroth. To make things interesting, they decided to start far from home, so the Hunter started from the Undercity, and the Mage started from Ironforge.

The Hunter first decided to brag to the Stormholt folks that he had actually BEEN to Brill. On the way, however, he ran across a big Demon dog thing. It maimed him right good. So he healed up a bit and went questing some more, and found ANOTHER demon dog. This time he killed it. However, In the meantime, the Mage had completed a quest in her neck of the woods, and was going to visit Brill herself to brag and laugh at the Hunter. The Hunter would have none of that, so he left a series of traps in the area, before going to Stormholt and telling all who would listen of his adventures. However, he still couldn't find a suitable pet to bring with him. The Demon Dogs just wouldn't cut it.

The Mage, on the other hand, decided to take a round-about way to Brill instead. She dodged the traps, and mocked the Hunter. She then set to work to try and improve her abilities. As luck would have it, she was able to find a very nasty monster and get to the Red Club very quickly, while Mr. Hunter was still plugging along at his quests.

Soon, the Hunter found a good bear, and then hung out around the Loch to slay a few monsters and to help some guy build some flying gloves. He grew in his abilities, and soon was becoming popular in the land. However, the Mage also had some nice notoriety, and was making her way to Booty Bay to cash in on the rest of what she needed.

The Hunter was able to get close, but to really pull ahead, he needed to go slay some beasts. Either that, or go to Booty Bay, but that wasn't quite close enough, unfortunately. He thought there was no hope. But what's this? On the way to Booty Bay, the Mage took a wrong turn, and ended up toe-to-toe with some big overlord. That'll teach her to look at the map upside down. She was severely wounded, but managed to escape without dying.

The Hunter was down to finding his last beast, but the beasts at this point were afeared for their lives. The Murlocs weren't so smart, as he had no trouble finding THEM, but he had apparently hunted all the beasts of Azaroth to extinction.

But as luck would have it, on the Mage's second attempt to go to Booty Bay, she AGAIN took a wrong turn. Maybe all that lack of being truly alive was taking its toll, as she just couldn't get there. However, it could just be that she was toying with the Hunter's mind, because the Hunter just kept hunting, but not finding what he needed, and soon, the Mage found the TRUE path to the Bay, and cashed in some items to win the bet.

The Hunter slunk away in dismay, only to see a giant pig thing in the distance, laughing and mocking him (IE, I looked at the next card in the deck, and it was a friggin beast).

Thus, the Hunter's story was a sad one - the Mage had him outwitted, and though the Hunter wasn't doing poorly, he just wasn't cut up to be a hunter. He is now a baker, cooking roast beast all day long, never forgetting his humiliation at having lost to someone who was already DEAD once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
he had apparently hunted all the beasts of Azaroth to extinction.

He must have been called Nesingwary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh I actually had to look that up, as I'm not very well versed in World of Warcraft knowledge (if that's not obvious from my post). I think my Hunter may have indeed been Nesingwary, or a relative of some kind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.