United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
Vie by Victory Point Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago there was a series of books of games for children. Each book was over two, maybe three feet, tall. Each book contained four simple Disney-themed roll-and-move games. Attached to the book was a battery operated random number generator which had a compartment to store game pieces. Does anybody know who published these and if the games are still available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently (within the past year) seen these available at the traveling book sales that set up at companies. The ones I saw featured race games, not Disney. Otherwise, they are as you describe. So they still are made but I don't remember the manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start Your Engines!Check out Start Your Engines! on BGG. This may be what I was thinking of and it IS Disney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's close to what I'm looking for. The Disney web site shows a photograph of the book but not its dimensions. I think this book is too small and the random number generator is not visible. Thanks for the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Schoeberle
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game book you are referring to is called "Disney's Giant Game Board Book". It's about 2 feet tall by 16 inches wide, 32 inches when opened, and has an electronic dice generator with a compartment for 1 inch round diameter discs in four colors. It was published in 1994, by Tormont and includes 6 games: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Snow White. If you do a web search using the exact name in quotes above you should get a link to Amazon.com that has a photo of the cover that shows the random number generator. The item is no longer available at Amazon.com and I don't know if you will be able to find it elsewhere or not. There was also a "Marvel Comics Super Heroes Giant Game Board Book" that was very similar, also published around 1994, but it might be even harder to find than the Disney version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! We have a winner! Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.