Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't believe it does. If you leave from Kiel and go through the Baltic the invasion still takes place on the Western front.
Otherwise how can you invade the beach--It should require 30 BRPs to invade Norway. It is like starting from an air base on one front flying across a boundary and conducting a mission on another front. The Italian border is a common situation. I recall the issue coming up in the past, but not the solution. And the solution may have changed over the different editions. Anyone have a reference on this?
Its holding up the German conquest of Europe.
Mike Gallagher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Advanced Third Reich, it is the hex(es) receiving the action that determine whether an offensive is required on that front. Same goes for attacking across the front border, you can attack from Western front hexes into Eastern front hexes using only an Eastern front offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff coddington
United States
gary
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The hex that "recieves the action"-in this case, the western front- is all you would need to pay for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
jp21763 wrote:
No. The hex that "recieves the action"-in this case, the western front- is all you would need to pay for.

Absolutely correct; just as an Atlantic invasion of Gibraltar is a Mediterrean action. So you could conceivably pass on the Western front and have huge naval battles w/ air interception there.
Likewise in your case the Baltic approach to Norway is usually only succeptable to Russian naval interception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I thought. My opponent wants to Intercept in the invasion hex--From Britain. I am not seeing it, but don't want to seem a bully or obstinant. Anyone think the Brits can Intercept in D35?
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
CDR G wrote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. My opponent wants to Intercept in the invasion hex--From Britain. I am not seeing it, but don't want to seem a bully or obstinant. Anyone think the Brits can Intercept in D35?
Mike

No they can not make a naval interception from British ports into the Baltic. All interceptions from the German naval path from Kiel through the Baltic to D35 must come from Eastern front based naval units. So only at war USSR fleets in Leningrad could intercept this invasion.

However British air units could conceivably, if based in The Hague or Bergen, intercept the fleet at along the path.

The key to the rule is the 15 BRPs for the offensive must be for the Western Front. The Eastern front may have a Pass or Attrition option, and the rules normally prohibiting offense naval and air action do not apply because it is the target hex that receives the action.

Your opponent might be confused because an invasion of Gibraltar, which is a two front port may be intercepted by fleets from both fronts at Gibraltar as per Gamer's Guide FAQ answer 29.52. Your situation requiers the British fleets to cross a frontal boundary to get to an interception hex and it mat not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.