Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtsCow

Single Design Photo Playing Cards, $3.77/each with free shipping.
This coupon code can also work on 54-Designs Playing Cards, $5.77/each, with free shipping.

Checkout Code : PLAYCARD377
Expires on 04/30/2009

Direct Links to Decks Geeklist
Games suitable for ArtsCow card decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: $5.88 Custom Playing Cards : Deal Ending 3/15
Got mine in the mail yesterday. They look excellent. Decktet, Code 777, Free Trader, and Agricola X-Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Is that free US shipping, or free worldwide shipping? I hate going through the whole order process only to find out that little detail at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed worldwide. The company is in Hong Kong, so it matters little to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my first batch yesterday as well. Decktet, FreeTrader, and I used the blank slots in there to throw some game prototype card samples to see how they'd look. Now I have 11 days to finish up the prototype cards and submit another order for them, Code 777, Morkopeli, and (if I have time), a retheme or two I've been thinking about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Can you design the backs for the whole deck and have different custom fronts or are you stuck with the standard suits?

Never mind. I'm an idiot. I missed the 54 designs option.

Carry on.

Nothing to see here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
I'm confused. Can you design the backs for the whole deck and have different custom fronts or are you stuck with the standard suits?

One back for the whole deck (So games with different backed cards will require multiple decks to complete, usually folks just end up printing 2-3 copies of the game across 2-3 decks)

The fronts are completely customizable. You can have standard suits, or be blank (asid from the image you put up there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bottom right is a box to click and turn off the standard markings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is everyone creating the cards? You can create simple mockups using the tools provided but I would assume they are made in an editor of somekind and saved as a JPG. Is there a templete available?

Thanks,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s2alexan wrote:
Is that free US shipping, or free worldwide shipping? I hate going through the whole order process only to find out that little detail at the end.

The signout has a State/Province Option so I assume its for Canada as well. I placed an order and even with a Canadian address the order went through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glauco bacchi
United Kingdom
coventry
West Mids
flag msg tools
One tool I just found due to other geekers mentioning it is nandeck

http://www.nand.it/nandeck/

which lets you write a simple script that generates a set of images. It is free and appears promising after a quick look.

The only other tool I can suggest is GIMP, a free image creation / editing application. It is powerful but has a steep learning curve if you have not done that kind of thing before.
http://www.gimp.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nandeck is great, but does have a bit of learning curve on it. Rather, I should say that the basics are easy to pick up but you can get fairly involved in writing up cards with a lot of elements on it. I used Photoshop too hand-make some sample cards but now that I'm happy with how they look, I'm going to redo it in Nandeck.

As for size/template, I just create a new document at 780x1081 300dpi, as that's what Artscow lists as the minimum size and resolution. I save as PNG rather than JPG because I found text on a textured background produced artifacts on JPG, even at low compression; YMMV depending on your image content.

At that size, I find that I have to zoom out twice to fill the card, unless you have a largish border.

If I get the time this weekend, I want to write up a "review" under Misc Gaming Accessory comparing Artscow, Guild of Blades (samples), MtG (CCG), Eurogame and Bicycle cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $6 shipping . . . for the first deck. Each additional deck is $5. So if you want to replicate a 100 card deck, it's going to be like $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adam.skinner wrote:
It's $6 shipping . . . for the first deck. Each additional deck is $5. So if you want to replicate a 100 card deck, it's going to be like $20.

Not true...with the coupon code listed at the top (CARDS388), each deck is something like $5.88 INCLUDING shipping, so if you need 2 decks, it'll be around $12 total. I just ordered 3 decks for another game last night and it was $18. Please note that you enter this code on the checkout screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adam.skinner wrote:
you must be doing something different, as this really is a free shipping deal. The price shows up as the $12 a deck plus shipping until you put the code on.

100 card deck should be only about $12 (2x5.88)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam.skinner wrote:

Once you enter the CARDS388 coupon code before you place your order the prices change accordingly.

...well I guess this just got covered well enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure that I am not doing anything wrong as the "backs" of the cards listed in the preview is the card front itself. Also, when I look at the preview, it has completely distorted my image and cuts into it about 1/2 inch. Should I just trust that they will do is right and that their interface is just crap?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't trust the preview, it's wrong. What you see in the designer is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply. I just fired off 12 decks so that I can now replace my Power Grid money with Playing cards instead. I have a few for others in my group. I will have to try to get my copy of Chinese Chicken prep'ed and uploaded soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw passing mention of being able to share designs with others thru their website? I'd love to take advantage of this current deal but would rather just click a button somewhere to get (for example) Free Trader instead of tracking down the right archive of properly-formatted image files and then figure out the user interface and hope I got everything uploaded properly.

(or is it really that idiot proof and I should just give it a go myself? Free Trader in particular is a bit tricky due to the number of card backs).

Thanks,

-Dave

EDIT: Tried searching for "free trader" and "bgg" in the "Photo Book Gallery (New!)" hoping that somebody had uploaded them already, no luck.

EDIT 2: Downloaded ScottE's three free trader card archives, extracted them, and uploaded them as three separate albums to artscow. Marked them all as "shared" so you should be able to search on "Free trader". Not sure if the layout can be shared though.

Event cards: http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=7d1gyq80

Misc cards: http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=c9asfmrt

Planet cards: http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=p63i0400

Their site says you need to log in to your own account to see the share.

EDIT 3: ...and now I have three sets of Free Trader for under $12 on its way to my home. Only regret is not being able to fit the player aid in there, was tempted to pull an event or planet card to make room but wasn't sure which one. Took maybe an hour to autofill and then drag/drop entire cards to copy them around and fix up mistakes I'd made.

EDIT 4: there should be a forum for trading artscow games. Selling (even at cost?) is frowned upon but would trades be okay?

EDIT 5: Dropped in a Code 777 deck (as mentioned elsewhere) and used the three free slots to get my Free Trader player aids in there, albeit with the "wrong" back (which just makes them easier to find...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, last time we were talking about sharing it turned out that you couldn't share playing card designs. You could share photobook designs, and purchase other people's designs, but not playing cards. Weird, and bothersome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
If I recall correctly, last time we were talking about sharing it turned out that you couldn't share playing card designs. You could share photobook designs, and purchase other people's designs, but not playing cards. Weird, and bothersome.

I don't believe that you can share designs, BUT I believe you can share ALBUMS. Hopefully that would allow you to use their album to make your own cards. I haven't tried it to see if it works that way or not though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the pattern:

Power Grid Money Cards:
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=ixwcg3aq

1 Deck of $1s
1 Deck of $10s
1 Deck of $5s and $50s (27 each)

That should do ya...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Code 777 cards:

http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=5jpeexhy

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have an album available for Code 777 if anyone wants it. Mine includes 2 extra rule cards. HOWEVER, I don't know how the rule cards are going to turn out as I haven't received mine yet.

http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=idfh00kr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.