Popular Tags: Le_Havre [+] [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok,

I keep reading various things about which 3 things are misprinted in the 1st edition.

Can someone give me a definitive answer in regards to what is the correct?

I already know about the special building and turning food into coal a max of 5 times. What are the other two?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/353719

1) It is the card used in Round 11 of the full game, round 9 of the short game. There should be a symbol on there showing that the town builds a standard building.

2) 2 player Round summary card for the full game seems to be missing a town building in round 8. This is on the Round card but not the round summary card (the opposite of the misprint on the 3 player card).

3) 4 player summary card (round 7) it states iron ship but it is wooden

Edit: Photoshopped cards have been uploaded for 1, 2, and 3. (Thanks Paul Grogan)

[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:

I already know about the special building and turning food into coal a max of 5 times. What are the other two?

The change in the Coal Trader card was a change the designer made after being convinced it was too powerful, rather than it being a misprint. Also, the Coal Trader card is in the Essen Promo deck, not the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
Also, the Coal Trader card is in the Essen Promo deck, not the base game.

The Coal Trader IS one of the Special Buildings from the base game. It is not one of the Promo Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. My mistake. I'd only seen it after I got the promo cards, and didn't look closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

The change in the Coal Trader card was a change the designer made after being convinced it was too powerful, rather than it being a misprint. Also, the Coal Trader card is in the Essen Promo deck, not the base game.

I rather think it was forgotten in the first edition. As I've said, as far as I know, the Colliery was limited for a long time. Maybe they've changed it near the date of print and forgot the not so important Coal Trader to be changed.

Anyway, this card is wrong in the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more interesting question being... will the reprint coming out within the next month address these issues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
The more interesting question being... will the reprint coming out within the next month address these issues?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/353719

1) It is the card used in Round 11 of the full game, round 9 of the short game. There should be a symbol on there showing that the town builds a standard building.

2) 2 player Round summary card for the full game seems to be missing a town building in round 8. This is on the Round card but not the round summary card (the opposite of the misprint on the 3 player card).

3) 4 player summary card (round 7) it states iron ship but it is wooden

Edit: Photoshopped cards have been uploaded for 1, 2, and 3. (Thanks Paul Grogan)

[/q]

Can someone please turn these 3 images into PDFs? That's the only way to guarantee it scales correctly. The coal trader is already a pdf

In fact, what would be really nice would be a single PDF that prints all 4 of these on a single sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might have already been mentioned somewhere, so ignore me if it has, but we noticed in the... 2nd edition?... that the Shipping Line 'building' lists 'Coal' twice, where it should list once 'Coke' instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Larson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the Smelter says Coal on both icons, the Coal icon and the Coke icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stone
United States
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
For anyone finding this thread via a search, the card expansion Le Havre: Le Grand Hameau contains corrected cards for the last two errors (involving coke vs. coal) in addition to all the special buildings that it adds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.