Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago I predicted that since penguins are no longer cool, they will be placed by giraffes. Well, I was wrong. It's eye trauma.

Have you noticed lately just how many people in movies, tv and comics suffer some sort of horrible eye injury?

From Monday's episode of Chuck (threat of a large syringe to the eye) to the Disappearing Pencil Trick, it's suddenly cool to lose depth perception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At my house, it's the mouth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Ooh in the Gaiman Comic Book, Dream Hunters, that I read last night a fox bit this dude's eye out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
jessitron wrote:

That used to be the style in ancient Japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohaguro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I told you i'd be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
jessitron wrote:

That used to be the style in ancient Japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohaguro
I dated a Viet Namese woman years ago whose grandmother had had this done. The first time I met her, I thought she had no teeth; then I looked closely...she had teeth, but they were all completely black.

Very very weird. But on the upside, she can drink all the tea she wants without turning her teeth brown. Clever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
A few months ago I predicted that since penguins are no longer cool, they will be placed by giraffes. Well, I was wrong. It's eye trauma.

Have you noticed lately just how many people in movies, tv and comics suffer some sort of horrible eye injury?

From Monday's episode of Chuck (threat of a large syringe to the eye) to the Disappearing Pencil Trick, it's suddenly cool to lose depth perception.

Nah, eye trauma has been around for ages. Look at Single White Female (stiletto heel through eye), back to Un Chien Andalou (early cinematic special effects with a woman slicing her eye open with a razor), and *way* back to Oedipus, even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.