Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Glory to Rome has been on The Hotness list for over a week now.

I have no idea what that means, but I'm all for it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's because people are checking it out on the bgg and with good reason. This game is awesome!!! I'm not sure why it became hot all of the sudden, but I for one am excited to see this game getting some love
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
It's because people are checking it out on the bgg and with good reason. This game is awesome!!! I'm not sure why it became hot all of the sudden, but I for one am excited to see this game getting some love

It's probably because

"ROME DEMANDS GLORY TO ROME!" played with both the Bridge and Coliseum for maximum effectiveness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
mojo shivers wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

It's probably because

"ROME DEMANDS GLORY TO ROME!" played with both the Bridge and Coliseum for maximum effectiveness.

Yeah, but right now the retailers are answering "GLORY TO ROME!" because they're all out of stock.

I hope CGF is able to get a new print run into the distribution channels quickly. There was a several-month-long period of dry stocks before I.V hit the shelves. Since they're probably not changing anything for this print run, they might get it out quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the large game store about forty minutes from me this past weekend. They still had about four or five copies left.

Then again, they were running a Glory to Rome tournament so I think they were trying to push the game. It wouldn't do to have a tournament and not have the onlookers be able to buy the game themselves, now would it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
mojo shivers wrote:
I checked the large game store about forty minutes from me this past weekend. They still had about four or five copies left.
I was at Game Empire on the 21st (Saturday), and they only had one copy left. I got to play a game, too. I have finally had to sleeve my GtR cards due to excessive wear, dogears, etc.

I took my copy to a game meeting the previous Saturday, and there was enough enthusiasm for the game to be played 6 (!) times.

I hope CGF is able to get more copies of GtR to the retailers really soon - I don't want to see the momentum this game is gaining lost due to unavailability. There was a similar momentum (on a smaller scale) for GtR going before version I.V, but a lot of it was wasted due to the I.V delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhon wrote:
Wow. Glory to Rome has been on The Hotness list for over a week now.

I have no idea what that means, but I'm all for it. laugh

After being away for a while it's now back in The Hotness, a couple places above the bottom. I hope it climbs to the top...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was recently featured in the NYT, geeklist here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/41289/item/908729#item... so that could explain the hotness for the last 2 or 3 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:
It was recently featured in the NYT, geeklist here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/41289/item/908729#item... so that could explain the hotness for the last 2 or 3 days.

Yeah baby yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:

Oh, I've no doubt its boosted Hotness is mainly attributable to the NYT mention (and pic!). I was just noting it made it back on the list (and how cool is it that it is?).
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#d10-1[/b], baby!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestril wrote:

That Geeklist is from a year ago. My guess is that it's place in the hotness is due to the three photos Ed uploaded from his factory visit. They are all currently on the front page.

I am doing what I can to ensure that Glory to Rome gets good distribution both in the USA and elsewhere. Ask your local game shops to ask their distributors for it. I hope to start adding distributors who have ordered from us to the stores page on our website soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.