Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Schindler
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my candidate for the worst game ever.

Really poor every thing. I think someone had an idea for a box, and the game was an after thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you find to be bad about the game? It's interesting that it shows up as "worst wargame" on several lists, but there are no reviews about it (perhaps because it's broken).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"... there are no reviews about it (perhaps because it's broken)."

The game was reviewed in BROG (Berg's Review of Games), #5,Summer, 1992. The review was entitled "A Pact with the Devil", in [dis]honor of the designer, Erich "Faust". Alas, the file for that issue has been lost. . . but I do have a paper copy. Too bad I can't copy it to here, but i did include specific system and visual reasons for the "Capsule Comments" I ended the review with. Take my word for it; they were well-earned

Graphics: Gruesome

Plahability: Nil

Replayability: Never

Historicity: Little

PLaying Time: Short

Comparisons (to other games): Suffers. And so do you.

Overall: The Surgeon General Has Warned that Exposure To This Game Is Dangerous To Your Health. Although He Does Not Suggest Smoking, He Does Recommend Setting It On Fire.

You probably get some of the picture . . .

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ware
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, RHB, for posting an extract of your article
from BROG. I only wish this thread were under "Reviews"
instead of "General".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I checked BBG, I was about to order this game because I am looking for a solo ACW game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
Glad I checked BBG, I was about to order this game because I am looking for a solo ACW game...

Well, according to the back of the box, it has excellent solitaire suitability.

The large squares on the map remind me of Lost Battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McBain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I purchased a copy of this game in like new conditon (unpunched and crisp condition) for $4.00. 3W has made some fine games but I would not call this one of them.

I thought that I could divide the big "squares" down into smaller ones (1/2 inch or a little larger) but then I discovered that the "squares" are actually rectangles (not square). The rectangles vary by as much as 1/4 inch in the X and Y dimensions. If this were not enought the retangles vary by up to 1/8 inch for measurement of the same side from one retangle to the next.

I could go on about other problems but that would waste a lot of time. This game might be good for someone who is not into detailed accuracy and wants a quick and easy solitary game for beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lynch
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone check this site? I put two questions here, but no one checks in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.