Magic: The Gathering» Forums » General

Subject: Multi-player deck help please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years ago there was a R/W deck in a magazine, that was designed for multi-player only play.

I recall starting the deck then our group sort of broke off regular play, so now trying to rebuild it from memory.

I am not sure the card mix below is accurate, but it is on theme for what it was trying to accomplish.

Any help to fine tune is appreciated. It is basically a gobbo deck, and is for multi-player. There may be some newer cards that would fit in better now too.

2 – Skirk Fire Marshal (a real key to the concept)
4 – Mogg Maniac (nice combo with Skirk and the Spirit Links)
3 – Goblin Lackey (helps get big guy out)
2- Goblin Ringleader
4- Goblin Recruiter
3 – Sparksmith (some creature control)
3 – Goblin Chirugeon (keep the key creatures alive)
2 – Brightsone Ritual (mana)
1 – Gempalm Incinerator
1 – Warbreak Trumpeter
1 – Goblin Offensive (Rise of Hobgoblins would seem better today)
2 – Goblin Trenches
3 – Circle of protection red
4 – Spirit Link
3 – crown of awe
2 – cleansing meditation

Land 13 red and 7 white
2 – Battlefield Forge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it could work. Just don't use it too much or you'll start running into a wall of creature removal to shutdown your combo. I've been public enemy #1 like that before, it gets pretty hard to pull the same trick twice.

I might suggest Goblin Matron. See's absolutely the best way to find your other important Goblins.

I might also suggest replacing the Spirit Links with Spirit Loop (it can't enchant opponents' creatures, but when it goes to the graveyard it comes back to your hand).

Similarly, Mark of Asylum could be an upgrade to Crown of All (Mark prevents all non-combat damage that would be dealt to creatures you control. Since it's not an Aura, it won't go away when the creature dies. And you also don't have to sacrifice it to get the full effect). It's a rare, but it's a rare that you could trade off of people for cheap.

Also, I'm ALWAYS a fan of more Goblin Incinerators. When in a dedicated Golbin deck, it's among the best creature removal ever printed. Kills almost anything, nigh uncounterable (since it's not a spell, but an ability), and you even get to draw a card!

Talisinbear wrote:
Mogg Maniac (nice combo with Skirk and the Spirit Links)
I hope you don't mean putting the Spirit Link on the Maniac. If you do, he'll die from taking damage before his ability resolves, and the Spirit Link would die with him. You wouldn't gain any life for his ability triggering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no u link skirk with the crown of ages

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisinbear wrote:
no u link skirk with the crown of ages
That's what I assumed, just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not up on the newer cards, but here are some I thought of that might be useful.

Goblin Legionnaire
Mogg Infestation
Goblin Bombardment
Fireblast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a silly red/white Mogg Maniac deck which ran Righteousness in case they blocked your Maniac. I'd play Righteousness on their blocker and the Maniac would get to bounce at least 7 damage back at them. Of course, opponents will wise up to this and begin letting the Maniac go unblocked, which is when you can play Fists of the Anvil or some other pump spell on it.

Incidentally, Spitemare has a similar ability to Mogg Maniac and is a 3/3 for 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.