Popular Tags: [View All]
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im about to ship several small packages of game parts.

very small.

individuals miniatures, pawns, dice, that sort of thing. for those game parts that are not flat, what is the best way to ship these? is wrapping them up and putting them in an envelope enough?

im not particularly interested in buying special envelopes or anything, as i imagine that will raise postage and cost money.

anyone have experience with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who? Me?
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends upon how large and/or non-flat these parts are. Wal-Mart carries bubble mailers in several sizes. The smallest ones are about $2.50 for a 10-pack, the next 2 sizes up are 66 cents and $1 each... Some of these, you could definitely ship for cheap (possibly even letter rates, if the parts are small enough).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dollar Tree, if you have one of those near you, give you 2 decent sized bubble mailers for $1. The Wal-mart ones are a good deal also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have little boxes which measure 3/4x6x3.5" which I saved from a computer components job in the past. I had hundreds of them, now running a bit low.

But I have found nice bubble-mailers with the plastic surface (non-rip) for .49 at goodwill before.

It is possible to use standard envelopes for cardboard bits like Scotland Yard tokens. I use a mini-zip baggie and tape it to an index card. That prevents them from getting wet, and provides some minimal support.

But there is a thickness max for envelopes, so be aware of that.

-C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Ihave popped chits, tokens, small pawns, etc. in regular envelopes with a piece of cardboard for support. They arrived no problem.

(and thanks for the Scotland Yard tokens Christian!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.