Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
15.44 states "Invasion HQs can Blitz, allowing them during Blitz Movement to invade a second unit from the invasion port into the same target hex or a different one (must be marked in advance with Sea Assault marker)."

What is considered "marked in advance?" I can see a few interpretations:
(1) A hex where a sea assault occurred during the regular combat phase.
(2) During the regular movement phase, a sea assault marker can be placed in another hex to denote the the second wave will land there (which raises the question - would the second wave be required to land there?).
(3) As (2), but the marker can be placed at any time before blitz movement.

(1) means the only available landing sites for the second wave are (a) the hex where the first unit landed (which may not have been an assault), or (b) reinforce a sea assault initiated by a different invasion HQ during the regular movement phase (which may no longer be a battle).
(2) allows a single HQ to invade multiple hexes, but requires they be identified before the results of the first wave's battle are known.
(3) is really not a restriction at all, so it seems an unlikely interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
hello,i have the rules of the original 'west front' in front of me and the reference numbers are a bit different. under '15.15 blitz invasions' it states: two wave invasions: if the invasion HQ blitzes, a 2cd unit in the invasion port(or the original invader if repulsed)may invade during the Blitz Movement phase. the 2cd invading unit must land in the same invasion hex unless a different landing hex has been pre-indicated by placing blitz and sea assault markers during the 1st movement phase.
also under 'long-range invasions' in 15.15 similar rules apply. i hope this version of the rules is clearer to you and answers your questions. if not please post again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(2) is correct. The 2nd wave MUST land where the "Sea Assault" marker is pre-placed. If the 1st wave unit was repulsed in the 1st wave, it can be the 2nd wave unit (eg, when an amphib needed for a BH).

Sorry about the lack of clarity.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.