Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: It is time. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mass Maple


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup maple syrup! thumbsupthumbsup
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:


....for a battle?

Vermont Maple

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... of course it is bottled and you can buy it all year-round, but maple season means a smell in the air from the boiling maple and taking the kids to pancake breakfast at a sugar shack on the weekend. It is good times!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Yes... of course it is bottled and you can buy it all year-round, but maple season means a smell in the air from the boiling maple and taking the kids to pancake breakfast at a sugar shack on the weekend. It is good times!


I couldn't agree more...March 27-29 is the Vermont Maple Open House weekend where you can go visit a sugarhouse and see the inner workings. When I was a little kid my father used to boil his own syrup, and it brings back a ton of memories.

Plus, you haven't had syrup until you've had it hot from the evaporator!

http://www.vermontmaple.org/open-house.html
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a maple syrup microbadge?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:



Fixed that for you


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:


Of course... and then there's Canada with 85% of the world's maple production. Vermont is good... but I only need to drive a couple miles to get some maple. I go to Brattleboro often, at 45 minutes that's the quickest Vermont destination. I don't go for the maple, I go for the museum and that one great antique shop. You're in Burlington... that's a long way, at least a five hour drive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I truly loved warm freshly boiled maple syrup poured over snow packed around a popsicle stick when I was a kid. A couple of our neighbours made fresh syrup every year and we would trade some of our produce for bottles of it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
rdonato926 wrote:


Of course... and then there's Canada with 85% of the world's maple production. Vermont is good... but I only need to drive a couple miles to get some maple. I go to Brattleboro often, at 45 minutes that's the quickest Vermont destination. I don't go for the maple, I go for the museum and that one great antique shop. You're in Burlington... that's a long way, at least a five hour drive.


Good points. I have a dozen sugarhouses within a 20 mile radius of my place, so I get spoiled.

I think we can all agree that as long as it's the real stuff and not the corn "maple flavored" syrup it's going to be yummy.

Now the real question is what grade do you like? The highest I will go is Grade A Dark Amber. I do love the Grade B stuff though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
Plus, you haven't had syrup until you've had it hot from the evaporator!


Truth.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.