Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... how would you all react/respond?

In my excitement and then subsequent dissapointment, I failed to read the other threads first. I know this. You need tell me anymore. Thanks

I wasn't expecting Overstock.com to honor the super cheap price I pre-ordered this at, but it shipped today! Hoorah!

Quote:

Hello Sean,

Your order #72894858 has shipped. Tracking information may not be updated for 24 hours.

Description Qty Status Date Shipped Carrier Tracking Number
Call of Cthulhu, The Card Game: The Spawn of the Sleeper Pack Asylum Pack (Cards)Option: null 1 Shipped Mar 4, 2009 UPS-MI 9102082600011288678003

1. Tracking information will be emailed to you within 5 business
days for items shipped via Freight Carrier
2. Please see our delivery policy for Warranties and Magazines

Holy crap!

After further review, they CHANGED the product! This has to be somehow illegal, right? My order on the account now says that it's the asylum pack.

Further edit:

Thank god I save all emails for purchases that I haven't recieved. Here's the original:

Quote:

Your order number is: #72894858
You can check the status of your order by visiting the My Account page and then clicking on the order status link

Shipping Information:

Your order will be shipped to the following location:

Sean Dooley
6932 Keeneland Way
Mason , OH 45040
Contact Phone: 5133193138

Order Summary:

Catalog # Product Name Shipping Quantity Total Price
11484522 Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set (Cards) USPS Media Mail 1 $9.85
Subtotal: $9.85
Shipping Charges: $2.95
Grand Total: $12.80

Note the order numbers are the EXACT same but the item has mysteriously changed.

Even in the delay order the product is the core set:

Quote:
Dear Sean Dooley:

We appreciate your preorder for:

Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set (Cards).

Unfortunately, the studio/publisher has delayed the release of this product until 2009-02-28.

As you requested at the time of purchase, we will hold your order and immediately ship it to you
when it becomes available. If you prefer, you may cancel your order anytime prior to shipment for
a full refund by calling us toll free at 1-800-The-BIG-O (843-2446).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shipped!!!
Did you miss all the other threads on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have.... I didn't see ones where people noted the item being CHANGED in their accounts rather than just postponed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick review. SKU confusion probably result of FFG or a distributor resulted in mislisting at Overstock and Amazon. The do not have any of the core sets but they will happily send you the Asylum pack for the listed price.

They will send you a return label so you do not need to pay for return postage. If you harass them you might get something for your trouble but probably not a core set. Start looking elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Quick review. SKU confusion probably result of FFG or a distributor resulted in mislisting at Overstock and Amazon. The do not have any of the core sets but they will happily send you the Asylum pack for the listed price.

They will send you a return label so you do not need to pay for return postage. If you harass them you might get something for your trouble but probably not a core set. Start looking elsewhere.

Yeah, I just scanned through the other threads. Gonna have to get a return shipping label.

Irritating nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

+1

I'd love it if this whole subject would go somewhere and die. Somewhere far, far away ...

Well I apologize that I inconvenienced you so much that it warranted an additional post after I already admitted my mistake in not finding the other threads.

Please forgive me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

+1

I'd love it if this whole subject would go somewhere and die. Somewhere far, far away ...

Like all my hopes and dreams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

+1

No one makes you read anything you don't want to.

If you don't want to be annoyed by it, don't click.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.