Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game group called the "Mile High Strategists" and we get together once a month, typically on a Saturday, to play any of the following:

Conquest of the Empire II (Eagle Games)

Attack! Expansion (Eagle Games)

Shogun / Samurai Swords (MB GM series)

Twilight Imperium / Shattered Empire (FFG - *Note: we haven't actually gotten around to playing this one yet, but would like to have someone in the group who knows how to play)

Napoleon in Europe (Eagle Games - haven't gotten around to this one yet either, and we are making our own custom "house mod" for it anyways)

Axis & Allies maybe...but no one in our group owns the Anniversary Ed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love those games.
Wish I could live in Denver.
My brother does, but I guess that doesn't fit the requirement, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Albert...if your brother wants to play, let me know! SFRR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKong wrote:
I may be interested in showing up depending on the day you're having it.

My game group (which meets irregularly) generally plays Age of Empires III, Scepter of Zavandor, Agricola, and lately some Dominion.

I think I could grow into a couple of the ones you have listed. I am strongly interested in Twilight Imperium and have a good amount of interest in Conquest of the Empire.

Additionally, I own a decent amount of games, and some you may even be interested in such as Age of Empires III, Battlestar Galactica, Galactic Emperor, and a bunch of traditional euros (which you may not be interested in). I also plan on picking up Age of Conan as soon as it comes out.

If you think I might be a good fit, geekmail me. My dad isn't on BGG, but he is also a gamer. I am in my 30's, dad in his 60's. He is in the aurora area and may also be interested if you have enough room - he is an old school wargamer, but also loves the new euros as well.

Brad "WhiteKong" - I sent you a Geek Mail pvt mesg...looking forward to hearing back from you soon! SFRR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Quinn Nix
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very much into these types of board games, and I have a couple of friends who are too. Where do you guys meet? I live in Arvada, and occasionally host board game meetings at my house. (BTW: With the exception of Attack!, I own a copy of all the games you listed. And I, too, haven't gotten around to playing Napoleon in Europe, though I've owned a copy for nearly four years now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise Wow!! That's a list of some of my favourite games! Too bad we're not neighbours...

Actually, I already organize a group that meets for monthly games of conquest. We rotate through Attack! Deluxe Expansion, Conquest of the Empire, Ikusa, Joan of Arc, Galactic Emperor, and Age of Mythology: The Boardgame. Good times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Nellis
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All those sound great to me. Lemme know when you're doing it although I can't commit to things :(

Have you tried http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/denvergames/ ?

It's a pretty active list and people are definitely open to the heavier games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.