Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(**)The BGG posting has a label of "v1.3", but once I download there is no longer any connection to tell me that. Repeating my earlier suggestion, it should be spelled out in the text of the document so that there is no question when I have two different paper copies in front of me.

(**) in SUMMARY, “players draft cards to plant fields.” Perhaps some kind of words should be added that cover the concept of specialty actions. Something about, “placing supplementary cards to enhance planting capability by allowing player to draw more seeds.” (well, that concept, but that particular wording gets bogged down a bit).

(**) in SUMMARY, “The winner is the player who manages and defends his fields and storage most effectively” gets confusing about which verb goes with which noun. Try “the player who manages his storage and defends his fields most effectively”

(** ** **)new items have been added, but in the process some important pieces of some concepts have become disconnected. You have to read two different places in the rules to get a full picture. Some of the following items may be examples of this.

(**) in STEPS IN EACH TURN, add a notation “optional” for #3-Trade and #4-Play. (comes out in the individual explanations but should also be here)

(**) in STEPS IN EACH TURN, need to mention Drafting from Sorage Pile (otherwise comes as a complete surprise later)

(**) in FLOOD, topmost card is “added to the top of the flood pile,” but “flood pile” has never been explained. Try: “The top card of the draw deck is placed face up on the “Nile” card, creating a pile. This card represents a flood that determines what fields will harvest …”

(**) in HARVEST. An example of disconnected concepts. What if a Speicalty card is draw for a flood? Never explained until SPECIALTY.

(**) in HARVEST, #1. Need to explain about multiple fields of same type – that EACH field is harvested.

(**) in HARVEST, #2. Example of disjointed information. “Specialty cards” are mentioned, but have not yet been defined.

(**) in HARVEST, #2. "this applies to specialty cards that are currently in play..." is an Awkward explanation. Perhaps try, “specialty cards that have been placed in a player’s field area” to identify what gets discarded (even using that in the FIRST sentence, reducing need for more wording later)

(**) in TRADE. This should be renamed Trade / Offering

(**) in TRADE. The ending paragraph would probably be better placed as the [/u]start[/u]. Or at least make it clear right away that this is OPTIONAL.

(**) in TRADE. Existing words may be confusing since there are no specialty cards in the storage place. Change current phrasing, “any two cards (resource and/or specialty) ifrom his hand and/or storage pile …” to any two cards from his hand (resource and/or specialty) and/or storage pile …

… and I have other markups but lack time to continue writing right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Callister
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the effort, it looks like there will be a rules v1.4 on the horizon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So,

Where are the 1.3 rules posted? Has version 1.4 come out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.