Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy shit.

Is this a "man the lifeboats" kind of situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit Brian, this is exactly why I DON'T read the news. LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, we'll just print more money. And giving it to banks seems to be a don't ask any questions kind of affair, so it won't even be slowed down. Of course, we'll probably have to give them $2 or 3 for every $1 that goes to a customer. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
Don't worry, we'll just print more money. And giving it to banks seems to be a don't ask any questions kind of affair, so it won't even be slowed down. Of course, we'll probably have to give them $2 or 3 for every $1 that goes to a customer. angry

Hyper-inflation much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:

Hyper-inflation much?

That was the frowny. I think with the current party in power for two more years, we're destined for hyperinflation anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the FDIC is going to be low on funds. Congress just increased its obligations from the first $100,000 to $250,000 per depositor. That's not what they have been basing their fees on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Holy shit.

Is this a "man the lifeboats" kind of situation?

A negative balance won't stop it from working - the government has as much money as it needs - always, its just that the value of that money decreases as it prints more.

Which is as good as not having the money at all if it gets out of control. Ask any German who survived the Weimar Republic. My bank being guaranteed not to go under does me no good if a loaf of bread costs my entire life savings.

This is bad. Maybe not "man the life boats" bad, but certainly "hey, we should check out the life boats and make sure they're ok... you know... just in case" bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
I think with the current party in power for two more years, we're destined for hyperinflation anyway.

It's nice to know that no matter how dire circumstances get, there are still people who will use them as a chance to trot out stupid ideological rhetoric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
qzhdad wrote:
I think with the current party in power for two more years, we're destined for hyperinflation anyway.

It's nice to know that no matter how dire circumstances get, there are still people who will use them as a change to trot out stupid ideological rhetoric.

Damn it, Cap. Change your avatar back! Immediately!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jules does make everything I say seem less ironically bemused, doesn't he?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
I don't remember asking you a goddamned thing.

There I fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

I'm just very jealous I didn't think of it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chiddler wrote:
Despite the mindless panic out there, hyperinflation and a great depression are not going to happen. American productivity is too high for that. Hyperinflation only occurs in truly failed states, and the USA is NOT that, not likely to become that.

What?!?!? You mean our (USA's) savior's words that we have been placed in the most serious economic times by 8 years of failed policies is not the gospel truth? Are you gonna crap in my yard in addition to pissing on my parade too?

I mean seriously, you live in one of most progress countries in the world. One that we do our best to steal your best looking actors to entertain the devil in his play yard (i.e. Hollywood). Are you wanting us to believe that the news from around the world about the US is anything short of claiming that Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pot, and Lucifer have all been reincarnated in the belly of the bastion of sin called the US of A.

Or are the countries that blasted the US - for its war crimes, its neglect of the environment, its crazed gun toting citizens, its overcrowded prisons, frequent use of the death penalty, and its general disregard for all life, including their own as evidenced by the morbid obesity that is epidemic among its youth - now just a wee bit concerned that we might just say - WTF? Maybe we shouldn't buy crap from other countries. Maybe we shouldn't buy anything. It really doesn't matter if the US isn't gorging itself on voluminous output of foreign countries. You can sustain your progressive economy by selling your stuff anywhere, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
CapAp wrote:

I'm just very jealous I didn't think of it first.

You can have it when my Werewolf game is over. But you kinda need the Uberbadge for the full effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.