Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I just started to get into Star Wars and Pirates pocket models due to the fact Wizkids is gone and some of the sets are heavily discounted. I'm not really a collector, my son and I like to build the models and play with our own house rules.

So Target is selling the Star Wars Force unleashed tins for $8.99 and as I'm buying all I see and I happen to pick up a couple of the Savage Shores boxes, not on sale for $14.99.

Out of one of them I get a packet that says as follows.

"CONGRATULATIONS! You just dug up the most sought-after treasure chest in the Pirates of the Cursed Seas (TM) Savage Shores PocketModel(TM) game. It contains every super-rare game piece in the set! Your friend are going to be so jealous."

So did I actually find something that's rare or is just marketing?

Thanks,
Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
If they all have a black mark in the corner then they are indeed super-rare. Apparently Pirates were marketed with all super-rares in a single pack like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They averaged one super rare back per box of boosters, so 1 in 36.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foster
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
www.fosterbrothersgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought five boxes at my local Target and two of them were like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Mueller
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a box at Target also, and got the same thing. I think that WizKids may have printed the rare packs first, and as they went under, shipped all that they had.

Just a guess, but it would fit. Anyway, the ships are cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Humphrey
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heyswyndon wrote:
I bought a box at Target also, and got the same thing. I think that WizKids may have printed the rare packs first, and as they went under, shipped all that they had.

Just a guess, but it would fit. Anyway, the ships are cool!

i get the same feeling, i have had this happen to me 4 times, 3 of those from target

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up one of these from Target as well, not the super rare one, but the Savage Shores box. Does anyone know which displayed ship corresponds to which pieces of the 13 mast super ships you get with these boxes? Apparently there are 6 different "Displayed" ships that come with 1 of 6 different pieces to build 2 big 13 mast ships. I'm just wondering if someone figured out which pieces come with which displayed ship so I can build the one I have without buying 5 more of these boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
gdotbat wrote:
Does anyone know which displayed ship corresponds to which pieces of the 13 mast super ships you get with these boxes? Apparently there are 6 different "Displayed" ships that come with 1 of 6 different pieces to build 2 big 13 mast ships. I'm just wondering if someone figured out which pieces come with which displayed ship so I can build the one I have without buying 5 more of these boxes.
Here's the full match-up of the six cards:

SS45 Cannibal King - Celtic Fury 1/3
SS46 Speedy Return - Celtic Fury 2/3
SS47 Libellule - Celtic Fury 3/3

SS48 Soul Crusher - Shui Xian 1/3
SS49 Valeroso - Shui Xian 2/3
SS50 HMS Mirage - Shui Xian 3/3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I did end up getting one of the "Treasure Chest" packs with the last piece for my 10 mast ship...Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.