Hide
14 Posts

Stone Age» Forums » General

Subject: Bought Stone Age today!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Georgia
msg tools
I got home and opened it up and it's a beautiful game. I read through the rules and they were simple to follow as I set up the game. The game just sounds like a blast I can't wait to play it this weekend...I know this post is pointless, but I'm stoked about having this game in my collection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Louie erm... "Thomas, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you read these posts, you feel like stroking something soft...

*Leaves to get Guinea Pig - and pepper* devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I love the feeling having a brand new game. Especially if you have bought it the same day as the gaming night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pointless, we all get that feeling. It's why I love games so much.

Enjoy and let us know how the first game went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Baker
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it recently as well.

There is one component in the box that I am not sure what it is for. I wonder if anyone had any insights. There is a orange yellow rectangular piece that can be folded, what is it for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Gee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
ontguy wrote:
I got it recently as well.

There is one component in the box that I am not sure what it is for. I wonder if anyone had any insights. There is a orange yellow rectangular piece that can be folded, what is it for?

I think thats the divider that helps section off the box into 4 quadrants. I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Baker
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's what it's for. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today too. I friend brought one for me from Spain (Ateneo Comics - Alicante ).
The game is really, really beautiful and the wooden pieces are just great.
Unfortunately, my copy came with one yellow people less....

Well...I think that big meeple from Carcassonne just got another job !!!

Great wooden dice, zip lock included, board with a terrific visual, sturdy box...

Huge quality...its easy to see now why this game is such a hit !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Stone Age from yesterday and already filed a play (with a 10-year old, who was satisfied )

Unfortunately we could not end the game as we were leaving the friends at night, but we got close (one of the Building stacks was nearly empty).

I managed to win in the end, about 20 points ahead - around 130 to 110.

Beautiful game, components, print, everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been nice if you had sent it to me via our trade like you said you would!

Do not ever trade with this individual. He has many negative feedbacks due to him scamming people out of their copies of games and not sending the game he promised in return.

For me it was this game Stone Age for my Tigris & Euphrates. Luckily I was able to find his mom on facebook and her pressure caused him to return my game to me. I sent this information to the other people scammed and hopefully they will also be able to get their games back like I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to second your preemptive praise for the game (even though I'm sure by now you've played it a bunch of times). I just got my copy in the mail today and had myself a good time going through it, sorting it, bagging it, etc. It's BEAUTIFUL! I was immensely impressed by the little detail that they give you an insert to "construct" in order to partition the inside of the box for even more convenient storage. And the rules! Oh my god! I can't believe a game with that much "play" to it can be explained to simply, clearly, and straightforwardly. On top of that, a lot of the rule book is pictures! And the game *smells* like "new game". Just love it! Simply amazing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As noted above, the poster of this thread has reneged on at least six trades of this game alone.

*The remainder of this post has been deleted to comply with the BGG Common Courtesy policy*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...okay, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.