Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Ryan Wheeler joined me for this podcast about something we tried in our local game group. Over the course of a month, each of us got one week to pick a game that everyone would just agree to try. We don't even have disagreements or stalemates over which games to play on normal game nights--this was a chance to pull out some really old or unusual game that normally wouldn't make it against the flashy new game, or tried & true favorites.

As it was, we played Manifest Destiny, Die Siedler von Hessen, and 6 Billion. Two more in our group still need to choose their "veto-proof game" for an upcoming night.

http://BoardgamesToGo.com

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rachfal
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great episode. Both of you played off of one another well. My favorite part was when Ryan busted you for your practice of talking through all of the various options before you made your play

The idea of a veto-proof game night was intriguing. I own all of the games in our game group(s), so this really isn't much of an issue for me. (Though everyone thinks it's funny when I bring out a stack of games and ask people what they want to play... they know I usually want to play a certain game but am trying to give them the illusion that they have a choice.) The one person whose veto I can't override though is my wife. If she doesn't like a game, we're probably not playing it again -- unless it is short enough to play at my lunchtime at work game group.

Maybe it was the addition of Ryan or maybe it was the topic (though I suspect it was the interplay between the two of you), but this was the most enjoyable gaming-related podcast I've listened to in months.

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.