Mike Rinehart
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone else using 1/144 scale miniatures?
That's quite the collection. Nice paint jobs too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my god.. I admire the space you have, my wife would go ballistic..
I go for the 1/300th miniatures, for reasons of space and fit on the card/stand.

Beautiful work and an outstanding collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow..... I thought I had too many planes (20 planes) but this is pure madness/addiction!!!!
Great collection!!!!
Love the B-17s.
Got a couple my self but haven't assembled them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yes i am also in 144 for Dawn Of War. You have me beat in numbers but not by much. I recently found some D.520`s. They are die cast metal and made by NewRay in their Sky Pilot range. I found them at a museum gift shop. The IPMS Nationals will in Columbus in late August. I got some great deal from HLJ at the show. Sweet kits $5 each. Great collection you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Do not worry so am i, Born in Ohio. International Plastic Modelers. They had the convention in Virginia Beach last year. This year it is in Columbus. HLJ was there with great prices any way, but the last day Saturday they were selling everything a great prices. I paid $15 for two boxes on Friday and three for the same on Saturday.
They had almost all the line of Sweet kits. Plus other 1:144 planes kits
and pre builts from Takara. Other vendors had some of the prebuilt planes.
I picked up the Platz FW-190d9 there also at another vendor. It took two hours to go through the the dealer area. Dealers from USA and from around the world, lots of from Europe.
I found a good source for kits is local IPMS shows and meets.

Here is a link to Nationals. www.ipmsusa2009.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I went three days in a row last year between the dealer area and the model display area. They had off site tours of The Fighter Factory and The Military Aviation Museum. This is a private collection of mainly WW2 aircraft. I still have not heard from the purchaser for the Aviation Museum on the Sky Pilot planes. Who made your Yak-3?

WWW.fightefactory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools

Fighter Factory has Yak-3 reproduction i will check it out. I am aware that they have the shows at Rickenbacker, i have not been there since an Air Show in 1968. I was born in Xenia, and lived all over Ohio. My mother
lives 20 minutes from Wright-Patterson, i have spent many hours in the old and new Museum.
I saw a shot of the Fighter Factory P-51 in your collection.
I am down to only 38 unbuilt 144 kits. With 10 in various stages of completion.
I have a friend anticipating a move back here, from Maryland. He also dose 1:72 scale
his collection of unbuilt kits fills his attic. We have another friend who will not let his wife in their attic in years. His collection of unbuilt kits numbers in the range of 400+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I finally heard from the museum where i bought my D.520 `s. I have not contacted them yet, info is. Steven`s International 856-435-1555. They are located in New Jersey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard schwab
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Did you make it to the IPMS Nationals? I did not but a friend did and pike me up a few things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.