• [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samclemens53 wrote:
More superhero lesbian sex please. Thanks.

Now now, no reason to restrict it to superheros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
kiss != sex

You're not doing it right.

For sake of clarification, Drew is stating that:

"!=" ^# "≠"

Where "^#" = "!="

-MMM

Edit...or maybe Drew is a really good kisser. Possibly both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
kiss != sex

"!=" ^# "≠"

Where "^#" = "!="

-MMM

How in hell is that clarification?

I just wanna talk about lesbians, not work a puzzle. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samclemens53 wrote:
Well regardless, the kiss was 100% win.

Excellent. I'll look forward to that next week.

Any unresolved (or indeed resolved) sexual tension between hot males in tight costumes to look forward to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louiseh wrote:
samclemens53 wrote:
Well regardless, the kiss was 100% win.

Excellent. I'll look forward to that next week.

Any unresolved (or indeed resolved) sexual tension between hot males in tight costumes to look forward to?

Nah, he said the watchmen, not Batman and Robin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
kiss != sex

"!=" ^# "≠"

Where "^#" = "!="

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but is it hotter than this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
That's what I said.

"!=" != "≠"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
kiss != sex

"!=" ^# "≠"

Where "^#" = "!="

-MMM

Were you actually thinking that when the two hot lesbian superheroes were kissing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
hamzy wrote:

Were you actually thinking that when the two hot lesbian superheroes were kissing?

Point of order.

Only one of the women involved in the kiss is a superhero. This is one of the coolest things in the story... that famous kiss on VE day between the sailor and nurse in Times Square? In the Watchmen world, instead of those two, Silhouette wanders by and kisses the girl just before the sailor would... this is important because it reinforces the way in which the superheroes interfere with the lives of the people in the Watchmen world.

Just geeking out about Watchmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Giggity giggity giggity!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:

Point of order.

Only one of the women involved in the kiss is a superhero. This is one of the coolest things in the story... that famous kiss on VE day between the sailor and nurse in Times Square? In the Watchmen world, instead of those two, Silhouette wanders by and kisses the girl just before the sailor would... this is important because it reinforces the way in which the superheroes interfere with the lives of the people in the Watchmen world.

Just geeking out about Watchmen.

Point of order. You are confused about which victory day spawned the original kiss. Look further east.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kiss was a great moment in the film, but (at the risk of turning a lesbian sex thread into something far less interesting) it was also an example of how in a few places the movie didn't quite click because of the way it mixed a modern treatment with the more period treatment of the comic.

If a woman dressed in black leather can sweep up another woman on the street and kiss her without the crowd reacting and then she and that woman can be an obvious couple during a later photoshoot, the whole lesbian sex scandal bit doesn't really make sense. The comic book portrayed a far less tolerant world, where her homosexuality (and the implied homosexuality of Hangman) were secrets. (She resigned from the Minutemen when it became public.)

A more blatant example of this sort of disconnect was the prison scene where Big Figure wants to kill Rorshach and is down to just one thug. In the comic book they showed very little fighting so it seemed plausible that Rorshach could be the underdog and need to outthink the giant man. In the movie it's clear that he and the other Watchmen are semi-superhuman fighters and when he just beats the big guy up it's sort of a "Duh, what were you expecting, Mr. Figure?" moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas P. Felder
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got a point with this, Chad.
I clearly remember thinking "What did he expect, bringing only two thugs to ROHRSCHACH, who single handed took out a whole SWAT Squad some minutes before."
The way Rohrschach fights in the Movie, the gangster should have brought at least a dozen or so of the thugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
kiss != sex

"!=" ^# "≠"

Where "^#" = "!="

-MMM

Lemme kiss Drew and find out for you all and then I'll post my findings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sternenfahrer-MUC wrote:
You got a point with this, Chad.
I clearly remember thinking "What did he expect, bringing only two thugs to ROHRSCHACH, who single handed took out a whole SWAT Squad some minutes before."
The way Rohrschach fights in the Movie, the gangster should have brought at least a dozen or so of the thugs.

I don't remember the scene and don't have a copy of the comic to hand, but another example of the difference in fighting is the alley. I think that in the comic it was three or four thugs, maybe five and what we see isn't much more than that these two can handle themselves. In the movie they were outnumbered four to one or worse, and it was much more like a Dark Knight style fight (albeit a lot more graphic in terms of injuries). It was cool, and I can understand why they did it, but it definitely made other scenes not work the same.

On the other hand, it made Adrian's character somewhat plausible. If all the Watchmen are cinematic, then Adrian -- the best of the best -- being so fast he can catch a bullet doesn't seem that out of balance. You've already suspended disbelief to some extent, so why not accept that the guy who can meaningfully watch a hundred TV channels at once can do something that deep down we know isn't possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buhr
Canada
Gladstone
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
If a woman dressed in black leather can sweep up another woman on the street and kiss her without the crowd reacting and then she and that woman can be an obvious couple during a later photoshoot, the whole lesbian sex scandal bit doesn't really make sense. The comic book portrayed a far less tolerant world, where her homosexuality (and the implied homosexuality of Hangman) were secrets. (She resigned from the Minutemen when it became public.)

Actually, the world in 1945 was a lot more tolerant than the world in 1985. Especially towards masked heroes. During the Minutemen era there was innuendo and rumour about Silhouette's proclivities, along with those of some of the other Minutemen, but they were generally tolerated as long as these folks were doing the good work.

Tolerance for the heroes starts going downhill in the 50s, culminating of course with the police strike and the Keane Act in the late 70s.

Also, just from what I remember of that part of the movie (only saw it this weekend so I shouldn't forget it, but I was too busy having my mind exploded by the rest of the film) they didn't really give the shot enough time to show the reaction of the people around them, except maybe the sailor that "should" have been in the photograph. It was in slow-motion, and everyone was really wrapped up in the emotion of the VJ-Day celebration. All though I think it would have been cool if the sailor had been all crestfallen. Of course, the disappointment would have to be tempered with the enjoyment of watching a superheroine and a nurse making out in front of you (which is pretty much the perfect male fantasy come to life).

I apologize for also taking the thread away from its appreciation of lesbian kissing, but I thought I would add my two cents' worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.