Subject: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - Day 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms .

The Spanish Inquisition
Cardinal Ximenez (Wolf)
Cardinal Ximenez the leader of the Spanish Inquisition and the sole wolf. He is responsible for the Night Kills and will know the identity of both Wolf Cubs.

Cardinal Biggles ("Tough" Wolf Cub #1)
Cardinal Biggles is Cardinal Ximenez's right hand man. He is both "tough" and the primary Wolf Cub. Upon the death of Cardinal Ximenez, he will become the Wolf and will learn the identity of Cardinal Fang. The first time he would be killed by either a lynch or Nightkill, Biggles will survive. Counts for parity.

Cardinal Fang ("Brutal" Wolf Cub #2)
Cardinal Fang is Cardinal Ximenez's left hand man. He is both "brutal" and the secondary Wolf Cub. Upon the death of both Cardinal Ximenez and Biggles, he will become the Wolf. When Fang is killed, he will be able to kill another player of his choice. Counts for parity.

The English Citizens
Reg Chapman (Tough Hunter)
Reg is both "tough" and "hunter". The first time he would be killed by either a lynch or Nightkill, Regwill survive. As long as Reg is alive, The Spanish Inquisition must have a majority to win.

The Judge (Seer)
The Judge is the "seer". Each night the Judge will select a target to view. The Judge will receive a positive view on any of the Cardinals and on the Tinker, and a negative view otherwise. On Night 0, the Judge will receive a random negative view.

Lady M (Day Priest)
Lady M is the "Day Priest". Each day, she will receive the identity of anyone who dies during the day.

The Old Lady (Night Priest)
The Old Lady is the "Night Priest". Each day, she will receive the identity of anyone who dies during the night.

4 Commoners (Villagers}
These commoners will have to use their intelligence, wits, skills, and THE COMFY CHAIR! to determine who is Cardinal and who is not. One of the commoners is a Tinker, and will appear to be a Cardinal to The Judge.

The Comfy Chair
Every good player but the Seer and Priests have access to a collective power known as "the Comfy Chair. This power will work if one (and only one) Player uses it. If more than one Player has activated this power, nothing will happen. The order must be submitted by Dusk. The Player who activates this power will choose a Cardinal. If Cardinal is still alive, a chatroom will be opened between the two. Both players will be listed by role.

The Cardinal submits a phrase (minumum of 4 words) or a word series of four distinct and seperate words (as approved by the Mod). If the good player says the phrase, then the Cardinal learns the players role. if the good player does not say it and posts a minimum of 100 times (100 real posts as judged by the Mod), then the player will get: (1) More than 5 players - toughness against NK, until the chatroom disappears, or (2) 5 Players or less - Name a player and a role. if they are a match, receive a postive, if they do not, receive a negative.

Rules Update
The chatroom will last until one of the player in it has been killed, or a new chatroom has been opened

Victory Conditions
If The Spanish Inquisition reaches a majority, they win.
If The Spanish Inquisition reaches parity and Reg Chapman is dead, they win.
If all of the The Spanish Inquisition is dead, the English Citzens win.

Dates and Times
Start Date: Starts when full.
Dusk: 3:00pm BGG
Dawn: 4:00pm BGG

Additional Rules
You may not use generated coded material in the game.
You may not use scripts to post.
There are no hidden Victory Conditions.
There is no chance of conversion.
There are no hidden powers.
Flirting with the Mods is expected.

Role Summary
1 Wolf
1 Tough Wolf Cub
1 Brutal Wolf Cub

1 Tough Hunter
1 Seer
1 Day Priest
1 Night Priest
3 Normal Commoners
1 Tinker Commoner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (0/11)
Player List According to Cassandra:
bwt2q
deborahjeanne
Gregarius
Javal
Kaldar
Maeve_1981
Valkerie32
Vox_Dargard
Whirlinghurly
xandryyte
zaloth

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3875...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (1/11)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elke M
Belgium
Lier
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't resist to play a Monty Python game.
Ni!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me! Me! Me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (3/11)
You! You! You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richards
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (3/11)
I don't look good in red, so I don't want to be a wolf - and I suck at being a seer, so I don't want to be a seer either. I know you will assign the roles randomly so what I want does not matter, but I am asking anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (5/11)
Monty Python? Yeah, I'm in.

Does it make sense for the last wolf to be brutal? I think it doesn't matter, since when the last wolf dies, the village wins, regardless of brutal kill. OTOH, the roleset looks stacked toward evil, so maybe it's best that one of their abilities is worthless.

The comfy chair sounds fun, but I'm not sure what it's going to do. I would think the Cardinal would just totally ignore the chat, since all it can do is give him away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:

Does it make sense for the last wolf to be brutal? I think it doesn't matter, since when the last wolf dies, the village wins, regardless of brutal kill. OTOH, the roleset looks stacked toward evil, so maybe it's best that one of their abilities is worthless.

The comfy chair sounds fun, but I'm not sure what it's going to do. I would think the Cardinal would just totally ignore the chat, since all it can do is give him away.

I was wondering about the comfy chair myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
bwt2q wrote:

I was wondering about the comfy chair myself.

BRING OUT THE COMFY CHAIR! My thoughts on the comfy chair were that I wanted to bring in one of the torture devices the Cardinals use on their victims, but I didn't want to make it in anyway powerful. I also think the sillyness of it fits with the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (6/11)
bwt2q wrote:

The Brutal Wolf Cub being last along with the additional goods and the Tinker are balancing aspects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
bwt2q wrote:

The Brutal Wolf Cub being last along with the additional goods and the Tinker are balancing aspects.

I don't get this - if he dies and he's the last wolf, what does being brutal accomplish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must confess that I don't think I've ever watched Monty Python. The clip was entertaining though.
I really shouldn't but its appealing to me for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
bwt2q wrote:

I don't get this - if he dies and he's the last wolf, what does being brutal accomplish?

Nothing. But if he dies as a Wolf Cub, then he can still Brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (7/11)
deborahjeanne wrote:
I must confess that I don't think I've ever watched Monty Python. The clip was entertaining though.

surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (7/11)
ROFL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (8/11)
Vox_Dargard wrote:
ROFL!

FETCH THE RACK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (8/11) - Three More Needed. Spaces Filling Up Fast. Don't Be The Only One In Your Neighborhood Without One

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (8/11) - Three More Needed. Spaces Filling Up Fast. Don't Be The Only One In Your Neighborhood Without One
lets get this game going this week, k.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (10/11) - ONLY ONE MORE NEEDED. Spaces Filling Up Fast. Don't Be The Only One In Your Neighborhood Without One
Tinker is not self aware, yes?

Comfy chair could use some beefing. Such as, extend the comfy chair to all good roles if it isn't already.
Names in the chat: Cardinal and then the player.
Have the cardinal give you one phrase. If he can get the person to say it, he learns their role. If the person can hold out AND post at least 100 times, he will get a toughness against nk (torture/interrogation) until the next person claims the comfy chair. Or something else similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - SIGN UP (10/11) - ONLY ONE MORE NEEDED. Spaces Filling Up Fast. Don't Be The Only One In Your Neighborhood Without One
Kaldar wrote:

Comfy chair could use some beefing. Such as, extend the comfy chair to all good roles if it isn't already.
Have the cardinal give you one phrase. If he can get the person to say it, he learns their role. If the person can hold out AND post at least 100 times, he will get a toughness against nk (torture/interrogation) until the next person claims the comfy chair. Or something else similar.

Tinker is not Self-Aware, correct.

So, to make sure I understand correctly.

"Everyone has access to the Comfy Chair. The cardinal submits a phrase (minumum of 4 words). If the good player says the phrase, then the Cardinal learns the players role. if the good player doesn't not say it and posts a minimum of 100 times (100 real posts as judged by the Mod), then the player will get toughness against NK, until the chatroom disappears"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

Tinker is not Self-Aware, correct.

So, to make sure I understand correctly.

"Everyone has access to the Comfy Chair. The cardinal submits a phrase (minumum of 4 words). If the good player says the phrase, then the Cardinal learns the players role. if the good player doesn't not say it and posts a minimum of 100 times (100 real posts as judged by the Mod), then the player will get toughness against NK, until the chatroom disappears"

Hesitant about the bonus to the goody and I'll let you play with it but yeah, that's my idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure I agree with that update to the comfy chair. If you do that then you can coordinate the comfy chair (only have the seer use it at a certain point) then the seer simply engages in conversation trying to avoid the cardinal's "phrase" to get an extra night out of it.

I think the toughness improvement is ok, but the villager only aspect is probably good. I'd also be concerned about the toughness ability being too much at a last day situation. but *shrug* I dunno

Vox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Villager only gives the cardinal nothing at all for participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vox_Dargard wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that update to the comfy chair. If you do that then you can coordinate the comfy chair (only have the seer use it at a certain point) then the seer simply engages in conversation trying to avoid the cardinal's "phrase" to get an extra night out of it.

I think the toughness improvement is ok, but the villager only aspect is probably good. I'd also be concerned about the toughness ability being too much at a last day situation. but *shrug* I dunno

Vox

Everyone but the Seer and Priests have access to the Comfy Chair. The Cardinal submits a phrase (minumum of 4 words). If the good player says the phrase, then the Cardinal learns the players role. if the good player does not say it and posts a minimum of 100 times (100 real posts as judged by the Mod), then the player will get: (1) More than 5 players - toughness against NK, until the chatroom disappears. or (2) 5 Players or less - Name a player and a role. if they are a match, receive a postive, if they do not, receive a negative."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.