Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may find a list of the games which have breached their limits here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3206181#3206181

NEW RULE:

Please put the BGG rating onto all your entries, including sweeteners. This rule will NOT be strictly enforced, however, it will be very helpful to me if you could please do so.

Sorry for these start-up problems. I hope you will forgive them, and they have not affected your enjoyment!

TIME CHANGE:

I am going to move back the dates by one day. The new deadline dates are Monday and Wednesday, respectively (see dates below for more information). I apologize for any confusion. Please geekmail me if you have questions.

Where's the Love? Math trade was a pretty good success, at 25.2%. Let's see if we can't do better – or at least, exchange the quantity for quality.

Where's the Quality? Math Trade

This Math trade will attempt to get a good proportion of quality items traded. We'll be using a strict metric to do so:

Rules
-Games with a BGG (NOT average) rating of > 7 are unlimited. An infinite number of these games may be listed.

-Games with a BGG (NOT average) rating between 6.5 and 7 may have 5 copies listed.

-Games with a BGG (NOT average) rating between 6 and 6.5 may have 3 copies listed.

-All games with a BGG (NOT average) rating below 6 may have only 1 copy listed.

-Games with less than 30 ratings are to be considered as between 6 and 6.5 (i.e. 3 copies listed).

-Each person may list exactly 1 (one) “Outside the Scope of BGG”/”Miscellaneous Game Accessory” item.

-The preceding limits include sweeteners.

-All games listed after this amount has been fulfilled will be summarily deleted.

-NEW RULE: Please list the BGG (NOT average) rating with any sweeteners in your lot.

More general rules (thank you to Jack Kaye)

-GeekGold/Gift Certificate Arbitage is NOT allowed!

-Gift Certificates must be for a specific amount, but can be listed as “to any store of your choice.”

-Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

-If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

-Your shipping restrictions must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping, you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover. You are not permitted to require a specific amount for shipping from the recipient and must cover at least the first $5 of shipping costs for items you send out. "Mirror shipping" is not allowed. People will offer to pay what they think they can afford, within the rules - if you don't like someone else's shipping policies, then don't put their items on your list. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

If you are not covering full shipping within your own country, please state clearly where you are shipping from as this will help anyone who is trying to figure out their shipping cost for your item.

-Sweeteners are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

-If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries.

-Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

-Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Notes:

I agree, the BGG is not necessarily a great metric, but I hope this will lend itself to a steep cut-off on poorer games being traded around. This should hopefully work pretty well as a metric, since there are ~1400 games listed with > 6 BGG rating. I want to also include lesser-known games here, hence the games with less than 30 ratings ruling.

OLWLG use is REQUIRED. The ONLY exception is if you are against using it for whatever reason, in which case you may geekmail me directly for an exception. No more than 10 users will be allowed to do this.

Link to OLWLG: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648

I also recommend a GG tip to JeffyJeff. 1 GG/trade is an often-used metric.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

List Cap: None

Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited

Trade Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40407/

Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40408

Key dates (Mountain time):

Open for posting games: Now until Monday, March 9, 11 p.m.

Want list submission:Monday, March 9, 11 p.m. - Wednesday, March 11, 11:59 p.m.

Results posted as soon as possible after.

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where's the Quality? Math Trade - Discussion
This is a list of the items which have had too many entries listed already. This is NOT a list of items which have reached their exact limit; only of the ones which have breached the limit.

Atlanteon
Beowulf: The Movie Board Game
Catan Dice Game
Jericho
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Politico
Saga
Senator
When Darkness Comes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official wantlist:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/40407-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official results:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/40407-results-official.txt

Easy-to-read format:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, March 11th is a Wednesday. March 13th is a Friday. You might want to revise your dates to be clear what day you're talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the date confusions! I've updated the header. Thanks for pointing that out - it was a temporary thing that I meant to solidify when I posted it, but forgot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dean
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Amish Tech Support
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to view a single listing rather than several list pages in order to determine how many copies of a game have been listed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE REMEMBER to list the BGG rating (not average rating) with all of your sweeteners, as they are restricted too!

Eric, the BGG rating isn't shown by default when you enter a single game. The average rating is. Would it make more sense to either have the restriction on average rating, or to ask people to list the BGG rating for all entries, not just sweeteners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
PLEASE REMEMBER to list the BGG rating (not average rating) with all of your sweeteners, as they are restricted too!

Eric, the BGG rating isn't shown by default when you enter a single game. The average rating is. Would it make more sense to either have the restriction on average rating, or to ask people to list the BGG rating for all entries, not just sweeteners?
Wait, why do we have to list the rating?
I read through all the rules before I started posting.
?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:

I plan on using the OLWLG statistics page to know which games have been posted multiple times, and checking those will be easy enough. I'm not certain whether or not it includes sweeteners in this. I think so, but wanted to make things easier if not.

I did get confused as to which one was being displayed, too. I might add the additional rule, but only if I find it to be necessary. I won't enforce it to be retroactive, it's not anyone's fault but my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Wait, why do we have to list the rating?
I read through all the rules before I started posting.
?????
I added a new rule about putting ratings onto your listed sweeteners. Sorry for any confusion.

I've done a lot of things wrong in getting this one started, I think. It looks like things are going all right now.

I'm going to add in the rule to please put the BGG ratings on the items themselves, as it will make my life easier - but it won't be enforced strictly, more of a request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
Hong Kong
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
blueatheart wrote:

-Games with a BGG (NOT average) rating between 6.5 and 7 may have 5 copies listed.

-Games with a BGG (NOT average) rating between 6 and 6.5 may have 3 copies listed.

Seems to me it make sense to indicate how many in which category one have entered with each listing, similar to how the LOVE/UNLOVED work in the Where's the Love MT.

Maybe it would help the moderator to keep track of who's above their limit.

Edit: Thanks Eric for running this!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thompson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
Valar Dohaeris
mbmbmbmbmb
chooche wrote:
blueatheart wrote:

Seems to me it make sense to indicate how many in which category one have entered with each listing, similar to how the LOVE/UNLOVED work in the Where's the Love MT.

Users don't have limits; games do.

Anyway, can I ask the rationale behind using the BGG rating instead of the average rating?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
Hong Kong
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
CyanideNow wrote:
chooche wrote:

Users don't have limits; games do.

Anyway, can I ask the rationale behind using the BGG rating instead of the average rating?
Ahh now I get it. So if somebody have submitted 5 copies of Advanced Tobruk then no more of this game can be submitted afterwards because it has a rating of 6.23.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi -- this is my first entry into a math trade and I have a question:

Where do I find the place to submit my want list?

I think I have everything else down and accounted for. Although I might have a question about OLWLG some time down the road.

Thanks for helping out a new trader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
Hi -- this is my first entry into a math trade and I have a question:

Where do I find the place to submit my want list?
We're not in that phase yet. This is the "List what you have available for trade" phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoMa sent me a very helpful e-mail -- thank you LoMa and also rvinyard for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or is the OLWLG not yet available for this trade. This trade is not showing up as active for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why. I've sent JeffyJeff the proper information - he might just be busy today.

I'll geekmail him tonight about it; hopefully it will be up before the morning (here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up.

And I have a question.

When you are listing games that you would be willing to trade, is it okay to check all the games? Say I have five games listed in the Math Trade, does that mean I am saying that:

1) I am willing to trade you all 5 games for the 1 game?

or

2) I am willing to trade one (or more) of my 5 games for the 1 game?

I just don't want to commit a 5-for-1 deal by accident!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Math Trades, there is no way to trade 5 for 1. So don't worry about it. That's why we have "sweeteners", so you can bundle a number of smaller games together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:

2) I am willing to trade one (or more) of my 5 games for the 1 game
What you're saying is "I am willing to trade any one of these games for the listed game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, both of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:
SlikkRikk wrote:

2) I am willing to trade one (or more) of my 5 games for the 1 game
What you're saying is "I am willing to trade any one of these games for the listed game."
Rick is correct but I just want to clarify this for first-timers: It's "I am willing to trade any one entry for the list game" (where an "entry" is a game you have listed and all of the sweeteners listed with that particular game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |