Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, we all like butter here on der Geek. But some of us have to watch our cholesterol and unsaturated fat intake (not me, but some of us). So why do we insist on ignoring, interrupting, derailing, and sterilizing the comments of our margerine-loving brethren and sist...sistr...uh, ladies? Are they not "people", too? They have a clear love of philosophy:

They appreciate the groundbreaking dramatic efforts and personal magnetism of Patrick Duffy:

And they are tapped into the muse that gives birth to all sorts of fascinating creative projects:

So let's give these folks a break, and quit with the Butter is Better fascism. Thanks for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Margarine is illegal in Missouri!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=162673
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:

See, that should outrage any American who dares call him- or herself freedom-loving. Missouri hates our freedoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but Missouri isn't a real state so it doesn't much matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
I can't believe this article is on ksdk's website...hilarious.

Quote:
though it's been years since any violator was ordered to spread 'em

Quote:
the penalties could still make dealers in contraband dairy product toast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Margarine is the tool of the devil. Give me butter over that un-natural oily nasty evil stuff anytime. Cookies and eggs made with butter are a MILLION times tastier than when cooked with margarine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a convert. I used to be butter all the way until the docs stepped in and forbad it. We still keep some around for pan frying (a smidge of butter in the oil preserves the butter flavour without all the fat) and baking. But for everything else, we use a spread made with 100% olive oil. Actually tastes better than butter on toast--mediterranean, now I think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude.
They told people to stop using butter because of the animal fats. Instead, eat margarine, they said.
And what was margarine? trans fat.
Which is a far worse cholesterol than the animal fats! It's totally destructive! It isn't even digested! It does nothing but clog our arteries and maybe make us fat!

They've since changed the composition of margarine, but I'm not trusting them. Butter is actual food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Does having HiveGod's avatar pasted over your naughty bits count as being neutered? If so, yes, but no more so than non-margarine users.

Oh, and butter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
jessitron wrote:
Butter is actual food.

Butter is actual food. That is gospel, no doubt. But some other people need to eat that margerine, and I'm just trying to keep them from feeling as though they are being, you know, set apart. At the fringes of society, so to speak. Out there near the very outer parts and edges, if you can dig. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Cringing Dragon wrote:
Does having HiveGod's avatar pasted over your naughty bits count as being neutered? If so, yes, but no more so than non-margarine users.

Oh, and butter.

*gasp*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Personally, I have to use margarine in baking because I use an "egg replacer" due to my egg allergy. Butter has a lower melting point, and therefore doesn't hold the cake, or whatever, up long enough for it to "set". Margarine, however, allows the cake to bake long enough not to fall before the fat melts. And with the egg replacer I use, it needs that extra time.

But I'm sure you all have seen that episode of Good Eats.

I do use butter whenever I can, though. And I have not felt neutered before on the Geek due to my margarine needs, but I've not come forward about the topic before. Please don't hate me now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't put butter and margarine in the same category. There really is no substitute for butter across the board... for some things maybe.

I live with two vegans, so I do have to work around this one. I have used Earth Balance organic spreads for baking and making garlic bread... but when I am going to pan fry some shrimp on hot cast iron, it must be butter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.