michael confoy
United States
ASHBURN
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have only found that Thoughthammer and GameSurpluss offer Ding and Dent. Does anyone know of any other sites that offer ding and dent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards & Bits have a section 'Oops! Box Damage'

http://www.boardsandbits.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love ding and dent too.

In addition to those mentioned:

http://www.bouldergames.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchPara...

(If the link doesn't work. Go to boulder and search for damage)

http://www.fairplaygames.com/games.asp?filter=Damaged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
B&B is where I usually get ding & dent stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ding and dent intrigues me but I have never taken the plunge. Is it really worth it? I seem to get my fair share of dings and dents just from ordering stuff regularly, so I'm scared that it would be even worse if you actually ask for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boulder games does it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Ding and dent intrigues me but I have never taken the plunge. Is it really worth it? I seem to get my fair share of dings and dents just from ordering stuff regularly, so I'm scared that it would be even worse if you actually ask for it.

I've bought ding & dent from both Thoughthammer and Boards & Bits, and have never been dissatisfied. One game I got from Thoughthammer and I couldn't even find the blemish. I think they sent me a good one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puckhead wrote:
Leezer wrote:

I've bought ding & dent from both Thoughthammer and Boards & Bits, and have never been dissatisfied. One game I got from Thoughthammer and I couldn't even find the blemish. I think they sent me a good one...

This can actually happen on rare occasion. If we don't have the damaged copy in stock, rather than stepping on a good copy, we'll just send it.

But don't count on it happening to you

Btw, we have *very* good discounts on our damaged games at the moment!

Tom
Boards & Bits
www.boardsandbits.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:

I use to buy a lot off the ding and dent. Lately, I haven't perused them as much, B&B is nice because you can see right there if there is a Ding and Dent available for a title you are looking for.

Many times I find myself straining to see what they thought was a ding or a dent. I think maybe one or two were of any magnitude to notice. BUT, I'm not anal about most of my games and their game boxes? The question is are you?

I had a friend that got a squish and squash as he puts it once an shies away from them now because you don't save that much money. And that part really is true, for the most part you are saving a dollar or less (sometimes a couple dollars). What's the risk reward for you? If I get a messed up box now and again, it's not going to bother me, so the risk isn't that much. If it will eat at you to see one bad one to sit there, then the risk for you might be greater.

But, as I see it. If I'm putting in an order for 6-10 games and buy mostly Ding and Dents, then that's almost another free game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
If we don't have the damaged copy in stock, rather than stepping on a good copy, we'll just send it.
Admit it, Tom, you've considered stepping on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
If we don't have the damaged copy in stock, rather than stepping on a good copy, we'll just send it.
Admit it, Tom, you've considered stepping on them.

Yes, I consider it every time devil

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KEITH DINKLAGE
United States
NEW CASTLE
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
"ONE EYED JACK" ON E-BAY FREQUENTLY HAS DAMAGED, BUT IN SHRINKWRAP ITEMS AT ABOUT 25% OFF THE USUAL DISCOUNTED PRICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom L
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
READ A BOOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
DOCTORDINK wrote:
"ONE EYED JACK" ON E-BAY FREQUENTLY HAS DAMAGED, BUT IN SHRINKWRAP ITEMS AT ABOUT 25% OFF THE USUAL DISCOUNTED PRICE.

Yep. Assume the worst, though - I bought Lifeboats from them and the back was smashed in. This translated to "light shelf wear."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We call them "scratch & dent". We just got ours cleaned out a bit by a local shopper but have a couple popular titles left in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten the "where's the damage" games and also the "easily seen as damaged" games. Remember, it's a 50/50 draw, there is the real possibility of receiving a clearly damaged box. I steer clear if it is a game I'm not sure of, in case I may want to resell. Otherwise if it is a game I've positive I'm keeping, I don't mind the damage because I wouldn't be selling it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a retailer, this has caused me to think about this a bit more. We usually have a small stock of "scratch & dent" games. We have a damage rating scale in our policies and rate each game and give a description of damage. As a shopper, would a picture or 2 of the damage be of use? Is it worth the time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsumarc wrote:
As a retailer, this has caused me to think about this a bit more. We usually have a small stock of "scratch & dent" games. We have a damage rating scale in our policies and rate each game and give a description of damage. As a shopper, would a picture or 2 of the damage be of use? Is it worth the time?

Definitely, especially if you have a scale and it is followed rather religiously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten ding and dent when I've paid for fresh and new, thats always disapointing. The ones I've purchased that I received a discount for I've been pleased with every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.