Battleground» Forums » Rules

Subject: tricky situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linus Eriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend like this strange set up with his army that is annoying me.
Lizards vs Dwarfs

_______0000000_______
_______0__1__0_______
_______0000000_______
0000000_______0000000
0__2__0_______0__3__0
0000000_______0000000
0__F__00__?__00__F__0

1. 1,2,3 are all enemies. f is friendly trogwarriors. ?-unit is ancients with Close at the moment but in the game I changed to H. 1 is a balista that I want to attack but then both 2 and 3 is pincering me what is my best move?

2. if 1,2 ,3 are all say shortbeards. is it possible to attack only nr2 with ?-unit without touching any other enemy.

3. if 1,2,3 are all warrior again what is the best move now with my ?-ancients
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules say you can not final rush into a pinch. So you couldn't get pinched if you are doing the final rush. You could change the order the close to an objective unit on the side and you will line up as best you can without putting yourself in a pinch. Not sure what would happen if you charged straight ahead.

Edit: If there is enough room to fit your guy without touching either you could put him in there, or you could always charge with your flank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elisabeth Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
It's not annoying at all! :-) I think that it is a good strategy because you block your opponent and makes it more difficult for him/her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attack without being pinched. It's assumed that you have a tiny gap between units and in any case you don't final rush into a pinch. Just move your unit up, all is well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Eriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! then my ancients final rush nr 1. but in the next rounds the fights continues and it is still considered a gap between all units until one is destoryed and only then it is possible to pinch? Do I need to change C to `C1 or is nr1 considered closest in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Until one of his units gets disengaged it won't be able to pinch you. In the situation shown above, unit 1 is your nearest enemy. (You measure nearest enemy using corresponding corners.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
You can attack without being pinched. It's assumed that you have a tiny gap between units and in any case you don't final rush into a pinch. Just move your unit up, all is well.

Really? I mean, I realize you're the designer and all, but I figured if there was not a big enough gap then there was not a big enough gap. I would have said the rules about enemy units between you and the target enemy would come into play, and the Ancients would engage either unit 2 or 3.

Surely if there is only 3" between units 2 and 3, you can't squeeze the Ancients in there, right? Or is that when you charge with your flank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.