Subject: Zombies taking wounds/getting killed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Cassel
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem is the following: For normal zombies, the above distinction doesn't matter, since they have only 1 health box. But for zombies that have more than one (Zombie Heros, Plague Carriers, sometimes Grave Dead): When do they take a wound, and when are they killed directly?
I know that a hit with a ranged weapon only gives them one wound. Also, it specifies in the Growing Hunger booklet, that "instantly killed" (as with the meat cleaver) means they die even if not previously wounded. Now, how to deal with, say, the "Get back you devils" card (kill a zombie w/o doubles), or the special power of Kenny (discard item to kill zombie)? Does kill really mean kill, even if they have more than one health?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does. Kill is always a keyword to mean "fill up all health boxes with wounds." This usually equates to instant death (I think, for zombies, it always does). I make the distinction because there are times when this definition ("fill all health boxes") does make a different; for example, Rachelle in Growing Hunger is allowed to roll to avoid each of the wounds from a "Kill" keyword individually (for example, if a Zombie uses Fighting Instincts to Meat Cleaver her).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Cassel
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying that. So does this mean, if I get killed, and I have two open spaces for wound markers, I take two wounds? If so, then I could play a "Just a scratch" card and take only one?

What made me wonder if "kill" always means "kill" was the fact that it says "kill" on the signal flare card, which would make it the ideal (overpowered?) weapon against zombie heros and grave dead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The signal flare is the ideal 1 shot 1 kill weapon, even against Zombie heroes, but it's usable only once...

...unless the hangar is the on the board, and then you can have character take potshots from inside the hangar...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.