Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Oliver love the game, but some thoughts/confusion after a 5 player game...

Some of the special race powers seem way overpowered... how did you intend to balance these? One of the powers with the spy checking out eveyones cash and battle cards seems totally underpowered in comparison to the special fortification special ability, or the technology development special power.

Question: Can you play a high impact with a mix of suits? Or does it have to be played with one or more of the same suit suit?

Question: Can an encounter tile with a power crystal be taken with an opponents card swapping High Impact card? Or is that crystal bonus added on after the battle card values are totalled, like a +1 at the end?

Question: A player places a tile on an opponents, battles, draws one battle card, places another tile, battles again, takes another battle card, finishes their attacks and draws up to 4? Is this how it's meant to be played?

Keep up the awesome work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Derek,

The Special Powers are all balanced to equal approximately 4 points at the end of the game. Fortification technically gives you no points, though is useful in context of circumstance; the one that lets you look at your opponent's cards is much like this. It doesn't give you points directly, but if used on your last turn, it can give you a planet, guaranteed, which is a 5 point bonus. So although it doesn't seem strong, when used at a crucial juncture, it can be.

Q: HI with mix of suits.

A: No, it must be played only with cards of the same suit.

Q: Encounter tiles taken by opponents?

A: No, they are used as you indicated, as a +1 at the end of battle, like your tech bonuses.

Q: ...is that how it's meant to be played?

A: Yup, exactly.

FYI, I find it's a bit better if people take two encounter tokens for each control tile they trade in. Better risk/reward.

That's it for tonight, gotta hit the hay.

Oliver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay one last question I swear.

How does the Racial Special Ability revolving Tech Development work?

We seemed to be playing it wrong.

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Derek,

I'm guessing you mean Technological Wizardry? The way this works is this: when you use it, you immediately grab 4 RUs. They must be spent on techs - so you could increase your Engines 1 -> 2 for 2RUs or your Engines 3 -> 4 for the whole pot. If all your techs are already at level 2, you'd use 3 RUs to increase one of them and then you'd have to discard the last RU as you wouldn't be able to use it.

If that's not the one you meant, let me know and I'll clarify.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Let's Go Flyers!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it!

I didnt have the card handy!

Thanks again.

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrevilo wrote:
FYI, I find it's a bit better if people take two encounter tokens for each control tile they trade in. Better risk/reward.

Does this constitute an official change to the rules? A variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's listed as a variant on the downloads page of the official site (it's where I put all the variants). If I were able to get the files from M.D. so that I could do a rev2 of the rules, I'd likely make it official. For the time being, call it a variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.