Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkFun (once upon a time known as BinaryArts) sells their readily available products on their website, as well. Unlike most situations like that, they offer some good prices - incredible prices for their [url=The Sorcerers Sword]web specials[/url]. Some of their other prices are pretty good, too. The shipping prices are believable.

Sample steals:
$5 for Treasure Quest
$6 for River Crossing 2 (yes, there are competitive prices out there, but at comparable or worse shipping, and no other desirable items, this is worth mentioning)
$5 for Roadside Rescue (this is a great one)
$8 for Stormy Seas (my favorite physical mechanism from them)

Each of the above (except River Crossing 2) is typically about $20. Veritable theft, I tell you!

So go take advantage of support those BrainyRats that have taken on a ThinFunk.

While I'm at it, I recently got Serpentiles, and for the first time with one of their products, I had duplicates of two of the pieces, and thus was missing two others. Their service was great and very fast. I received the replacements within just a couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! My wife loves these puzzles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Peartree
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free shipping for orders over $25! Thanks for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Straight

Luling
Louisiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if you have ordered from their website enough that you might be able to answer a question for me. When I go to the "teacher's special" section they have two items that list as "Hot Spot Game Bag" and "Pike's Peak Game Bag" . Both of these show the entire game and state that they include a "classroom storage bag", What I can't figure out is if this is just the bag you get for the $5 or if it includes the game. They have not responded to my email and I don't want to order if it is just a bag and not the game. Considering both game are much more than $5 it seems it must just be a bag but the listing shows the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renee, sadly, this is the first time I noticed that you can shop directly from their site, and furthermore discovered that they have some nice prices. They were quick in getting back to me about my replacement parts, though, so I would guess that once "normal business hours" occur, you will get a response in short order.

Looking at that section of the shop, other than the big bundles, I only see games that come with bags anyway, so I'm not sure if it's just clever marketing, or what.
(...and for the teachers, we offer the Model T in black, so it matches any faculty attire!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like good prices, though these games sometimes are not everyone's cup of tea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gill
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered all including Serpentiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanya Thompson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I work at ThinkFun and am the head of the Education division. Thank you for bringing to our attention that the messaging about our bags is unclear. You do indeed get the bag AND the game when ordering. The differences of ordering our games from our website under "Teacher Specials" is that the game does not come in a box. Instead it comes in a nylon bag. Also, the card decks are rung so that the cards are not easily lost or misordered. For teachers, this is very important. We've also included an inventory list on most of the bags.

We've kept the prices low as we know that teachers often don't have enough or any budget at all. We'll try to hold these prices as long as we can.

Enjoy!

Please check out ThinkFun's educcational site too www.thinkfuneducation.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Straight

Luling
Louisiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer. I ordered 2 of the $5 teacher specials along with several other things and received the game, bag, and the cards rung together.....fantastic deal. I absolutely love ThinkFuns products. You can't beat the price, the shipping, and the service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.