Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Bianca and I went over to her parents' house on Saturday night. Bianca's mom likes to play games and she's really growing as a gamer. I don't normally take games there because her dad doesn't like them and he almost never plays. Bianca was feeling like gaming, so she brought along a couple games including Wasabi. After dinner, we decided to play something instead of just watching TV (yay!) so Bianca took out Wasabi. We taught her mom the rules and she caught on really quickly.

As the game started, I immediately tried to complete a 4 recipe. But I got greedy. I left a space open so I could play another ingredient in there but Claudia (Bianca's mom) took it! That was a harsh lesson learned. I thought I could still salvage my game by playing a short 2 recipe to get a Stack card, but Bianca blocked that move. Instantaneously, I was far behind. On my next turn, I decided to scrap all my recipes and take new ones. The ones I had were just ruined, so it was best to start over.

Claudia was doing very well. Early in the game, she asked all the right questions so I knew she really understood the game. She proved that very quickly by completing several recipes, most of them with style. I was really impressed at how quickly she was cranking out the recipes. Bianca was also doing quite well although her mom had a strong lead in wasabi cubes.

Once my game got going, it was far too late. However, I managed to score a decent amount of points by completing my 5 recipe. It took a few turns and the clever use of cards, but I got it done. Unfortunately it was not with style. I also got a 3 and two 2's.

As I was getting ready to complete a 4, Bianca's mom ended the game by using a Wasabi card to fill up the board. Bianca had the last turn but couldn't do anything good so the game was over. I only managed to get 15 points while Bianca had 19. Claudia was the big winner with 25. She got all 3 of her 3's, 2 fours, and a 2 along with 6 Wasabi cubes. It was a really impressive game for a first timer.

I learned a big lesson in this game. Don't get too greedy early. I made a huge mistake on my first turn that basically cost me the game. I know that I will never make that same play on the first turn again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.