Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read many rave reviews for this game and wanted to get it, but it seemed to be out of stock whereever I looked for it. Found it last night at:http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5427
Ordered it and can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great that you found the game and shared that with the rest of the community, but "Hot Deals" really isn't the place to post this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
I've read many rave reviews for this game and wanted to get it, but it seemed to be out of stock whereever I looked for it. Found it last night at:http://www.fairplaygames.com/gamedisplay.asp?gameid=5427
Ordered it and can't wait.

Cool! Thanks! I've been looking for this, and even ordered it at one place where it was listed as "Available", and then turned out to be out of stock. Grrr....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
opks22 wrote:
It's great that you found the game and shared that with the rest of the community, but "Hot Deals" really isn't the place to post this.

Really? I think the availability of a hard to find game (I don't know if GtR is actually a hard to find game since I have not been looking) is just as much a “Hot Deal” as a great price on an easy to find game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, which is probably why a mod moved it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
opks22 wrote:
Really, which is probably why a mod moved it here.

I guess my idea of a "hot deal" is broader than the mods (and by the sound of it, yours )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CLS Games still has several in stock. Just go to the BGG Marketplace, and it will probably be listed. Due to the nature of the marketplace, whenever someone puts the game in their cart, it disappears from the shelf. If they don't buy it within 30 minutes it goes back on the shelf. If they buy it, then it may be several hours before it appears again. Keep checking back.

Yeah, he's charging $27.95. That's more than Thought Hammer is charging. That's more than Troll and Toad is charging. But CLS Games has something they don't: THE GAME. Do you want to play the greatest card game ever or do yo want to wait? The next printing is scheduled for Q2 2009. We all know what that means. How long do you want to wait?

My sincere apologies if CLS Games ran out of GtR while I was writing this message. Hurry! Supplies are limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Barticus88 wrote:
CLS Games still has several in stock. Just go to the BGG Marketplace, and it will probably be listed. Due to the nature of the marketplace, whenever someone puts the game in their cart, it disappears from the shelf. If they don't buy it within 30 minutes it goes back on the shelf. If they buy it, then it may be several hours before it appears again. Keep checking back.

Yeah, he's charging $27.95. That's more than Thought Hammer is charging. That's more than Troll and Toad is charging. But CLS Games has something they don't: THE GAME. Do you want to play the greatest card game ever or do yo want to wait? The next printing is scheduled for Q2 2009. We all know what that means. How long do you want to wait?

My sincere apologies if CLS Games ran out of GtR while I was writing this message. Hurry! Supplies are limited.

The OP has a link where it looks to be in stock for $17.95 + $9 shipping (~$27 total). Nothing against CLS, but it looks to be over $40 with shipping with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:

The OP has a link where it looks to be in stock for $17.95 + $9 shipping (~$27 total). Nothing against CLS, but it looks to be over $40 with shipping with them.

Which is why I considered it a good deal..... just not Hot enough for some. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
kneumann wrote:

Which is why I considered it a good deal..... just not Hot enough for some. My bad.

Woohoo, mine is on the way! As confirmed, from Fair Play, $17.95 + $9.00 shipping! Arrives next week!

CLS games charges $13.95 shipping for EVERYTHING. It's very frustrating. I'd buy from them more if their shipping was lower. I've bought from them in the past (with success), but only for more expansive titles where the shipping is justified. In this case, they are charging $27.95 for the same product with $13 shipping. I'm sorry, but it is $25.00 in RETAIL STORES. That's just wrong. I think CLS is gouging customers there based on need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
I think CLS is gouging customers there based on need.

Yup. They are oppressing the needy. Shame. shakeshakeshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only that but they charge an extra 3.9% if you use a paypal account linked to a credit/debit card. You would think that the $13.95 blanket S&H charge would offset any added costs to use paypal.

As they say.... caveat emptor. If they can survive in these tough economic times with these added costs then more power to them. Most on-line game stores are creating more incentives like cheaper to no-cost shipping in order to get business. Maybe they will change.

Until then, I will look elsewhere. Luckily I bought a copy of Glory to Rome from Boards and Bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
Not only that but they charge an extra 3.9% if you use a paypal account linked to a credit/debit card. You would think that the $13.95 blanket S&H charge would offset any added costs to use paypal.

As they say.... caveat emptor. If they can survive in these tough economic times with these added costs then more power to them. Most on-line game stores are creating more incentives like cheaper to no-cost shipping in order to get business. Maybe they will change.

Until then, I will look elsewhere. Luckily I bought a copy of Glory to Rome from Boards and Bits.

I've bought most of my games from Fair Play. No problems, fast shipping(3 days), plus free shipping for orders of $125. As a new gamer it's not hard filling up the cart for the free shipping. GtR will be here soon, along with Agricola, Stone Age, Citadels, Archaeology & Carcassonne I&C. They were out of Dominion though.cry

mjacobsca wrote:

Woohoo, mine is on the way! As confirmed, from Fair Play, $17.95 + $9.00 shipping! Arrives next week!

CLS games charges $13.95 shipping for EVERYTHING. It's very frustrating. I'd buy from them more if their shipping was lower. I've bought from them in the past (with success), but only for more expansive titles where the shipping is justified. In this case, they are charging $27.95 for the same product with $13 shipping. I'm sorry, but it is $25.00 in RETAIL STORES. That's just wrong. I think CLS is gouging customers there based on need.

I concur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few weeks ago Chuck of Metro Seattle Gamers told me that he had bought the last two copies of GtR from Troll and Toad. He said it was sold out everywhere else. I then came to BGG and immediately found that CLS Games had it. In the prime ad spot was T&T, so I clicked, but they were sold out. A Thought Hammer ad came up in that spot, but they were sold out too. I think I clicked a third ad for a third sold out place. I don't think it was Fair Play. Maybe someone else was in the rotation or maybe I was delusional.

In any case, Fair Play is now sold out. So now the only game in town (BGG) is CLS Games. Please, everyone, do what you can to prevent gouging of needy gamers: If you are a needy gamer, do not purchase GtR at this time. This is a special high-priced offer for non-needy gamers only. It's a status thing. People who pay this price for this game are going to brag that they paid extra to get the very last of the 2008 printing that they don't make any more.

As for CLS gouging the non-needy gamers, well duh. Robert Solow, Grand Poobah of CLS Games, is a businessman. He is in business to make money. He needs to make lots of money, so he can afford to take people for rides on his boat.

About the shipping. Well you don't buy just one thing on mail order, unless you want to brag about spending money (and I paid $13.95 just to get it here for today's game). I put together a list of three or four game I really want and find a merchant who has all of them. So far, this has been CLS. Then I look through what that merchant is selling and find a few more games. The combined shipping charge is not bad, and the prices of the games are generally good. GtR is one of only two games that I saw at CLS for over 100%. I got Black Sheep for $8.95; Thought Hammer has it for $10.47. I paid $23.95 for Airships; Thought Hammer wants $27.97. I didn't add up the whole order, but it's possible that I paid less than the total would have been at Thought Hammer including $17.50 for the copy of GtR that Thought Hammer does not have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unbeknownst to you, some of us just want to play a game. Perhaps we have a big game day coming up, or it's a friends/spouse birthday or other special occasion. Or maybe we just have the money and we want to buy a game. As long s CLS or any other vendor doesn't use hidden charges, or has poor quality service, or some other issue that might not be clear from the website, then people can figure out what's best for them.

Let people make their own decisions, particularly regarding what and where they will buy games. There's no need to urge people to buy here and not there, or to buy this or not that. It's silly and demeaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.