John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

The Rough Draft is now available. Since this version is not the final one, I am posting it on a file sharing service for download. After everyone has had the opportunity to comment I will submit the final version to BoardGameGeek's file service.

To get a copy, follow this link, and follow instructions to download:
http://www.4shared.com/file/91799872/2a8329fa/WAP_3rdEd_Rule...

This version is a 'Draft' version, with a reduced file size for ease of download (smaller size = poorer quality). I have the original MS Word version that I will use to update as your comments come in. I will release that file, and all of the original artwork I have done, all together with the Final Version. Available for all.

Please post questions, comments, and/or concerns in this thread. Before doing so, please read section II of the 3rd Edition Rulebook (no, not Scenario II, that is Section Z.II). I welcome all discussion so...have at it!

Thank you,

John W. Gant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Paschal
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you outline the major changes and make a little commentary for everyone so they will have a basis for comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam,

Paschae wrote:
Can you outline the major changes and make a little commentary for everyone so they will have a basis for comment?

Yes, Section II of the 3rd Edition Rulebook has extensive writing that details exactly what you are requesting.

Thank you,

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First batch....snore

General:
- There are many instances of the words "un-besieged" and "unbesieged". I think the latter is correct.

- The same for "map board" and "mapboard". Although "map board" is the correct form, I think "mapboard" is more inline with the whole document's atmosphere (?) goo ...well... whatever.

- The same with "un-demoralized" and "undemoralized". But here I don't know what to offer to you as both terms are technically wrong and a bit creepy I might add. What about "not demoralized"? I dunno.

Proposed corrections:
A.1 - 8th line: "Continent, and since 1792, France had depended" I think it should be "...has depended"

A.2 - 2nd line: "mostly chronological scenarios each of which" the word "mostly" is not in my 2nd Ed Rulebook. Maybe it should be coloured as a 3rd Ed / Official addition?

C.6 - Last sentence "The city of Prague on Mapboard 3 should contain a black (not red) infantry production symbol." is not in my 2nd Ed Rulebook. Maybe it should be coloured as a 3rd Ed / Official addition?

M.3 - Example text, 3rd line: "P14(J), one Bavarian strength point is in Burgos" it is "P14(1)...."

Q. - Title is "WITHDRAWL, ..." it should be "WITHDRAWAL,..."

Q.1.a - 3rd line "providing it ends its withdraw no further from a" I think this should be "providing it ends its withdrawal..."

Z.I - Title "I. AUSTERLITZ-1800" should be "I. AUSTERLITZ-1805"

Z.I.E.1.b - 2nd line: "(0), 3I, IC (B) * At Amsterdam: Leader (0), 3I" should be "(0), 3I, 1C (B)..."

Z.III.A - 9th line: "England agreed to send men and money 10 the" should read "...money to the"

Z.III.D.c - 5th line: "Grodno: Leader(O), 5I, 1C." should read "Grodno: Leader(0),..."

Z.III.E.b - 6th line: "Frankfurt: 2I (R, Pt) * At Stuttgart: 2I (Wu) * At" - I was always sceptic on this usage of a Portuguese Infantry point inside Fraknfurt. Note also that the usual notation would be "Frankfurt: 1I (R), 1I (Pt)" . All in all a spurious thing. Any ideas anyone?

Z.III.F.2.b - "b.June 1809-At Warsaw or Thorn: II (Po)." it is "...Thorn: 1I (Po).

Z.IV.A. - 9th line: "remained at war with France. Gradually, however" There must be a new paragraph before the "Gradually..."

Z.IV.E.1.b - 4th line: "hexes of Thorn: Leader (0), 5I (B), 4I (I), 1I (Pt)," the Portuguese infantry appears again! now it's deployed within 2 hexes from Thorn

Z.V.D.4.a - 1st line: "a. French and French satellite do not receive the" should read "a. French and French satellite units do not receive the"

Z.V.E.2.b - 7th line: "3I, 1C, 1CC * At Brest-Litovsk: Leader (0), 2I, *" delete the last comma in the sentence

Z.VI.E.2.d - I don't understand what the addition "(one stack)" stands for.

Z.VI.E.2.e - 5th line: "French): Leader (0). 5I, 1C, 1CC * At Munster:" replace the fullstop after "Leader (0)" with a comma.

Z.VII.A - 2nd para, 11th line: "Wellington's Anglo-Dutch force at Quatras Bras," I think the correct name is Quatre Bras non?

Z.VIII - There should be a "A.INTRODUCTION" paragraph heading

Z.X.F.4.a - 3rd line: "pursue and intercept the moving unites) with any" should read "pursue and intercept the moving unit(s) with any"

Z.X.F.5.c - 5th line from the end: "(see b, above). If the result is "F", the blockading" the correct result for this exmple is F*

Z.X.F.6.a - 10th line: "against the moving unites); (3) when the active" should be "against the moving unit(s)..."

Z.X.F.6.e - 10th line: "available, the transport is moved to nearest port in" should be "...to the nearest port in"

Z.X.G.1.l - 1st line: "l. English player may not roll to change Spain’s" it should be "l. The English player..."

Z.X.J.3.c - 6th line: "state. If controlling major state does not possess" it should be "state. If the controlling major state does not possess"

Z.X.J.3.d - 4th line: "units bearing a "K" (King's German Legion) units" move the right parenthesis one word to the right so it is "units bearing a "K" (King's German Legion units)" or remove the second "units" altogether

...also...
For the 3rd Edition Rulebook Credits table. Please note my real name on the left.

I always use false names for webmail accounts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nikos,

Thank you for your efforts. You are continuing to show why you have a spot in the credits of the 3rd Edition (I'll correct your name too). Keep up the excellent work sir!!

A quick note on the philosophy used for this edition (as stated in section II of the rulebook). Where possible, official writings are used. However, these official rules can be contradictory (in the case of the 3rd Edition Naval Rules), or are not easy to find. If it is written in red font in the book, it is official. I followed the precedence described in Section II, and I have not (and will not attempt to) listed all rationale for the official red font entries. Anyone with all said materials can do so for themselves. The official entries are: 1. 1st Edition, 2. Errata from 17-1, 3. 2nd Edition, 4. 3rd Edition Naval Rules, and 5. Question Box entries from many General Mags. I encourage anyone with interest in this to gather these materials and check the red font entries on their own. I will not be listing all of the reasoning behind these official entries, just the philosophy and precedence used.

On to some of the items you found...

1. Most of your entries are excellent corrections. I will create a Task List and get to these one by one.

Quote:
A.2 - 2nd line: "mostly chronological scenarios each of which" the word "mostly" is not in my 2nd Ed Rulebook. Maybe it should be coloured as a 3rd Ed / Official addition?

No. This item does not change a rule, it is merely a formatting issue included for readability and continuity for the new 3rd Edition. There are many such entries that do not impact play of the game but which enhance reading of the 3rd Edition rules. Since I am including 2 official scenarios not in both official editions of the rules, the original line was inaccurate and needed changing. Just too much work to track all of these changes so I am not marking them in any way.

Quote:

C.6 - Last sentence "The city of Prague on Mapboard 3 should contain a black (not red) infantry production symbol." is not in my 2nd Ed Rulebook. Maybe it should be coloured as a 3rd Ed / Official addition?

Yeap, it should be red. I did not succeed in marking all such entries. I'll put this one on the task list.

Quote:
Z.IV.E.1.b - 4th line: "hexes of Thorn: Leader (0), 5I (B), 4I (I), 1I (Pt)," the Portuguese infantry appears again! now it's deployed within 2 hexes from Thorn

I'll double check the placement on this, between editions. The inclusion of Portuguese units, however, is a historical question that I am not attempting to address in this edition of the rulebook.

Quote:
Z.VI.E.2.d - I don't understand what the addition "(one stack)" stands for.

Errata from 17-1 (I believe) wanted to be sure the players know that all of these units must setup in the same hex.

Quote:

Z.VII.A - 2nd para, 11th line: "Wellington's Anglo-Dutch force at Quatras Bras," I think the correct name is Quatre Bras non?

Quatras Bras is correct as per both editions of the rulebook, but a quick google search confirms your statement. I'll add this to the task list.

Quote:
Z.X.F.6.a - 10th line: "against the moving unites); (3) when the active" should be "against the moving unit(s)..."

This is an example of the kind of errors the text converter program kept making. I corrected 100's if not 1000's such things. Keep looking for more, and I'll add this one to the list.

Thank you,

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Document is updated. The same link in the post, above, can be used for the updated version.

I added these to my Task List and uploaded that to the same site:

broken

Currently all items are clear. I will update that doc with further suggestions, errors, etc. and post here when the work is done.

--JokerRulez

PS Something went wrong with the upload. I'll resolve this tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second batch...snore

Proposed corrections

Z.X.K.5.d Needs a paragraph break

Z.XI.A - 2nd Paragraph, 1st Line: "Abandoning his army shortly after it recrossed into" should be "...re-crossed into"

Z.XI.C.2 - 1st line:"2. At anytime in the game, the French player may" change it to "2. At any time..."

Z.XI.D.3.a - 6th line: "to that city: Blucher, Bulow, Kliest, Yorck (unless" should be "...Bulow, Kleist, Yorck (unless". Also, the leader names in this and the next line should be italicized.

Z.XI.D.4.a - 3rd line: "cent to Straslund in April, 1813 and remain neutral" should be "cent to Stralsund in April..."

Z.XI.F.1.j - 1st line: "j. January, 1814-At Paris: 8I, Joseph * At Bayone:" in keeping with the general layout of such paragraphs, the leader name must go in front of the units that accompany him, i.e. "j. January, 1814-At Paris: Joseph, 8I * At Bayone:"

Z.XI.F.3.c - 1st line: "c. May,.1813-At Hanover: 2I (W) * At Milan: 1I" replace the fullstop after May with a space

Z.XI.F.7 - 1st line: "7. All non-French player for arrive at a city which" this is malformed in some way. From a copy of the text (I am too lazy to dig up the General Vol.17 No.1) I get this correction: "7. All non-French player forces scheduled to arrive at a city which"

Z.XII.E.1 - 4th line: "At Geneva: Lannes, 4I. * At Dijon (hex EE14):" delete the fullstop after 4I

Z.XII.E.2.b - 3rd line: "1C * At Venice: Leader (0), 4I, 1C * At Baden: 3I." delete the fullstop at the end

Z.XII.F Title. I think that, for uniformity, the title should be "F. REINFORCEMENTS AND REPLACEMENTS" even though this particular scenario has no replacements.

Z.XII.G.1 - 5th line: "possess separate command and, indeed, was not" should be "possess a separate command..."

Z.XII.G.2 - references to Moreau in paragraphs a. b. and c. should be italicized as they refer to the leader's counter. They are italicized in the original text.

AA Starting text - 2nd paragraph, 4th line: "McLaughlin, designer of WAR & PEA CE, and two" should be "...WAR & PEACE, and two"

I think that AA needs some paragraphs and numbering on the same lines as the other chapters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaaahhhh! Just posted the updated doc. I'll get to these tomorrow.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Errata from General Volume 18 Issue 2.

Z.XI.F.5.f reads...
f. January-August, 1814-Each turn-At Prague: 1I, 1L (Austrian) * At Berlin: 1I, 1L (Prussian) * At London: 2I (English) * At San Sebastian: 1I (Pt), 1I (Spanish)

The part in the said General issue is in page 47 "Infiltrator's Report" and claims that there was a whole line ommited from the rulebook and that paragraph f should read...

f. January, 1814 - All English, Portuguese, and Spanish forces listed in Scenario VI. January - August, 1814 - Each turn-At Prague: 1I, 1L (Austrian) * At Berlin: 1I, 1L (Prussian) * At London: 2I (English) * At San Sebastian: 1I (Pt), 1I (Spanish)

Please look it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grunherz wrote:
Errata from General Volume 18 Issue 2.

I have a source who is scanning this for me later today (Tuesday). I'll let everyone know what I found.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grunherz wrote:
Z.XI.C.2 - 1st line:"2. At anytime in the game, the French player may" change it to "2. At any time..."

Hey, let's not worry about things like this. Both 'anytime' and 'any time' are perfectly acceptable. Same with the hyphenated words. It is more personal preference than 'correctness'.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the entry:

General 18-2: “A line of copy was erroneously omitted from the WAR & PEACE rulebook. Players may want to make the following addition to their rulebook; Page 29 (in 2nd Edition), Section F, part 5: “Non-French Player Reinforcements.” Add to subsection f. “January, 1814 – All English, Portuguese, and Spanish forces listed in Scenario VI. January-August, 1814 – Each turn …” etc”

--JokerRulez

PS This is the Final Glory scenario, XI, that was given out in 17-1, and the 2nd Edition.

PPS Just checked the original posting of this scenario from General 17-1 and this line does not exist there either. The statement by Avalon Hill that this had been "erroneously omitted" is dubious. Accidentally left out of the General mag, then accidentally left out of the 2nd Edition Rulebook too? Okay, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rough Draft has been updated. Same link in the first post will still get you there.

Here is the Task List:
http://www.4shared.com/file/92211050/6c4993ec/Task_List.html

I will update that as more problems come in. Presently, the items from the list have all been addressed.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make Friday the 20th the last day for input. If my task list is empty of open items at that time I will submit this to the Admins here at BGG as the Final Version.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both files have been updated with a couple things I found. Newest version of both the Rulebook and the Task List are available in the same links provided above.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I am updating the Task List document as I find small issues. Updating my master copy of the rulebook as I complete the tasks. However, the issues I am finding are so small I am not updating the PDF download of the rulebook. Therefore you may find small issues that still exist even though the Task List has marked them as fixed. Don't sweat it.

Friday deadline for issues. I am already using this version for the games I am playing. Very useful.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My take on the Question Box (BB) and how the Answers could affect the main text.

v17i1 Q1 (means Errata from General Volume 17 Issue, The 1st Question)

v17i1 Q1
I think G.3.c. should be changed to something like this:
c. (+1) if even one of the strength points are unsupplied.

v19i5 Q9
I think some ammendment to Z.X.F.6.f. (the note on Nelson) is needed.

v19i5 Q11
Some ammendment regarding the restoration of Westphalia is needed (Z.X.H.1.e.)

v19i5 Q16
I think Z.II.D.1.e. should be changed to something like this:
Note: In this scenario, and all subsequent scenarios except the Campaign Game, Austria does not control any territory on mapboard 2. Specifically, Venice belongs to the Kingdom of North Italy and Innsbruck belongs to Bavaria.
..and also some mention of this should maybe made inside Z.X.D. somewhere...

v21i2 Q3
I think Z.X.C.1.b. should be changed to something like this:
b. If there is at least one un-besieged French strength point inside Paris at the end of the game and France has not been conquered or become neutral.

v21i2 Q5
I think Q.1.d. should be changed to something like this:
d. A force may retreat into an enemy occupied hex (if no other alternative exists) but may not end its retreat in a hex occupied by an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not bad Nikos. I am generally in favor of using the Question Box answers to slightly amend the rules. Why not?

I'll look over each of these and will likely implement your ideas.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Document has been updated and re-posted. Task List is updated and re-posted as well. Both are available through their original links.

Keep 'em coming.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this peace (!) I'm visiting the subsequent chapters.

CC

Ace-Irish Rebellion
Delete the paragraph break in the middle column, seventh line from the top. Also replace the comma with a fullstop
point in Ireland. If the dice roll is negative, the English...

Ace-Coup in Paris
third line from the end of the paragraph
coup card is played, Napoleon must abdicate. (This
I think a refrerence to the relevant rule Z.X.K.5. must be placed here
coup card is played, Napoleon must abdicate (see Z.X.K.5.). (This

...also, this part (This card can be reused, but may not be played twice in the same year.) implies that played Effect cards are not placed at the bottom of the pile (like non-Efect cards and unplayed Effect cards do). The logical thing would be that reusable Event cards that are played are shuffled in the deck. There must be an ammendment to the "The Cards of Empire" chapter to explicitly state that.

Jack-Spanish War
delete a space in the fourth line so it becomes militia build (as per rule Z.X.J.4.). These units

Jokers (Wild Cards)
(although under the restrictions of the Optional Expeditionary Force Rules)
I think a refrerence to the relevant rule Z.X.K.4. must be placed here
(although under the restrictions of the Optional Expeditionary Force Rules - see Z.X.K.4.)

- "LW" as a term is not used anywhere else, so I propose to replace this with "Landwehr".
- I also think we have to make strength point references in CC consistent with the rest of the document.
So I propose the following:

9-Polish Uprising
Poland is immediately created. Place Poniatowski and three Po I, three Po C in Warsaw.
becomes
Poland is immediately created. Place Poniatowski, 3I (Po) and 3C (Po) in Warsaw.

3-Croatian Revolt
Croatia is created. Place two Da I in Trieste. Anti-French units in Trieste must be moved to an adjacent hex
becomes
Croatia is created. Place 2I (Da) in Trieste. Anti-French units in Trieste must be moved to an adjacent hex

10-German Rebellion
the Brunswick leader and one BR I in Brunswick and one He I in Cassel. If Innsbruck has been con-quered by pro-French forces, place five L W Austrian and a zero leader in Innsbruck
becomes
the Brunswick leader and 1I (Br) in Brunswick and 1I (He) in Cassel. If Innsbruck has been con-quered by pro-French forces, place a Leader (0) and 5L (Austrian) in Innsbruck

...three lines further down...
The French player must eliminate one Wurtemburg, one Bavarian and one Rhine I as well.
becomes
The French player must eliminate 1I (Wu), 1I (B) and 1I (R) as well.

7-Satellite Defection
satellites, immediately defect. Replace with LW (as
becomes
satellites, immediately defect. Replace with Landwehr (as

5-Prussian Reserves
Prussia may immediately place up to ten LW, if
becomes
Prussia may immediately place up to 10L, if

4-Hungarian Insurrection
Austria may call up the "Hungarian Insurrec-tion" and place up to ten LW, two C if any are in the Force Pool, in Budapest.
becomes
Austria may call up the "Hungarian Insurrec-tion" and place up to 10L and 2C if any are in the Force Pool, in Budapest.

DD

This chapter has lots of (mainly grammar) issues.

INTRODUCTION
(4th line in the 4th paragraph)
Russian army off Russia soil cannot decisively
becomes
Russian army off Russian soil cannot decisively

(last sentence of the 5th paragraph)
Instead, a fluid-mobile system is required with heavy emphasis crippling ability to disrupt the French monopoly on Italy and the Germanics!
Does not make much sense. Maybe you want to check the original?

(5th line of the 6th paragraph)
So France will often be given grace by major powers who try to play Napoleon off against east while allies.
Does not make much sense. Maybe you want to check the original?

The only response to such I have come across is the flippant suggestion to “get more players".
Put a quote in the end. Also this does not make much sense. Maybe you want to check the original?

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Last line of the "A-Master of the World" paragraph. Trying to be fair to the French-speakers: cela n’a pass d’important should be cela n’a pas d’important (or importance).

THE MAJOR POWERS
3rd line from the end on the first paragraph
French, and any others remain unaffected. Once a
becomes
French side, and any others remain unaffected. Once a

GERMAN UPRISING AND REVOLTS
6th line from the end on the first paragraph
Thus, in1805 war with Austria, 1806 war with
becomes
Thus, in 1805 war with Austria, 1806 war with

TABLE TWO RESULTS
delete a space in the second line so it becomes Bohemia: place 2L and a leader 0 in Prague

POLAND
partitioning, as it distracted Prussia, Russian and
becomes
partitioning, as it distracted Prussia, Russia and

promises to the effect, Napoleon never did intend
becomes
promises to that effect, Napoleon never did intend

SPAIN
(conquest being so thought). The Spanish special
becomes (maybe)
(conquest being so tough). The Spanish special

actually occupy (alone). With 18 cities, means that
becomes
actually occupy (alone). With 18 cities, this means that

EVENTS
These can be held secretly such time as the even
becomes
These can be held secretly such time as the event

ENGLISH CHITS
every other Russian major city.
becomes
every other Prussian major city.

1806. Catholic Spain shifts one way from pro
becomes
1806. Catholic Spain shifts one step from pro

FRENCH CHITS
1. Persia declares war on Russia. Play after 1807. This is treated like a Turkish war.
add reference to rule Z.X.G.2.c.
1. Persia declares war on Russia. Play after 1807. This is treated like a Turkish war (see Z.X.G.2.c.).

5. Diverse nationalist elements clash in Austrian Empire.
The text does not say how the removed SP and leader are returning to the game. Presumably they go to the force pool (?)

7. Turkey declares war on Austria. Play after 1806. Treat this as a Russian-Turkish War, with Austria sending 14I and 6C.
add reference to rule Z.X.G.2.c.
7. Turkey declares war on Austria. Play after 1806. Treat this as a Russian-Turkish War (see Z.X.G.2.c.), with Austria sending 14I and 6C.

8. Great really of French patriotism. Play after
becomes
8. Great rally of French patriotism. Play after

ENGLISH PRODUCTION POINTS
There may be shipped to any friendly or neutral
becomes
These may be shipped to any friendly or
neutral

EE

Because some rules of EE contradict with those of DD there must be a decision on how to handle these. There are three posibilities:
a) Advise the players to use DD and not EE if they are going to play a two-player game
b) Note the contradictions between the two variants wherever applicable (i.e. on every paragraph, sentence etc) and let the players decide which rule variant to chose
c) Do nothing
I tend towards the first option but, since I haven't played with any of these variants, I can't say more.

FF
A.6.
(Last paragraph)
Naples is an Austrian satellite and receives I L in
becomes
Naples is an Austrian satellite and receives 1L in

GG

COMMERCE RAIDING
(2nd line of last paragraph)
defense of the freedom of the seas. All undeclared
becomes
defense of the freedom of the seas. An undeclared

EFFECTS OF SKYROCKETING RATES
(5th line of last paragraph)
(accept to go into the sea boxes), and all British
becomes
(except to go into the sea boxes), and all British

off to sleep snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes have been made. Task List is updated.

I will submit this to BGG on Saturday morning.

Keep 'em coming.

--JokerRulez

PS Man, I just can't look at this any more. Spent too much time on it now.p cry surprise D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean John. I burned some midnight oil myself on this one.
But I think it was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Master document has been updated and uploaded to the site. Version 03192009 is now available.

I will check this again Saturday morning prior to sending it to BGG for filing. Likely I will also go through the doc one more time (if I can summon the will).

Thanks all and thank you Nikos,

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Draft has been submitted to BoardGameGeek Admin. Once it is available I will make the master copies available in the same link.

Thank you to everyone for your support in this!

wow

--JokerRulez

PS Once the final draft is available, if you find any issues, or have questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to post. I can and will update the document as issues are revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work Nikos.

Geek Gold was left for you. Your commission.

:-)

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.