Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Badger
England
Stratford upon Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this possible? What I would like to do is list my collection in order of the maximum number of players the games will take.

My Friday night gaming group often ends up with five players. Fewer and there is no problem. More and we split to two venues. But 5 .

I'm sure I have plenty of suitable games for 5 players but would like to be able to list and identify these easily if there's a way.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Inks
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina (NC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something that a few fellow geeks and I put together. The top file is the most current and works for 'most' computers and spreadsheets. I say most because I believe it will work for all but you never know. It gives instructions on how to download your collection into this spreadsheet and then you can sort by number of players. It shows play time and reccomended age as well. Hope it helps,

Jeff

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/38582

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Badger
England
Stratford upon Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Narsis wrote:
This is something that a few fellow geeks and I put together. The top file is the most current and works for 'most' computers and spreadsheets. I say most because I believe it will work for all but you never know. It gives instructions on how to download your collection into this spreadsheet and then you can sort by number of players. It shows play time and recomended age as well. Hope it helps,

Jeff
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/38582

Thanks Jeff. A big and useful step forward.

However 'This tool takes the extract of your Owned games from BGG and does some analysis to show the "Best With" and "Recommended" with data in a nice clear format. It is then possible to quickly determine which games you own are the best ones for your available number of players.'

I would have thought one if the most useful ways the Geek's data could have been sorted would be on maximum number of players (as per the game box). Given the number of options that are currently allowed I am surprised this isn't one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.