United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for posting here But here's a 10 minute snippet of our online D&D session - running through the Scales of War campaign.

This is an encounter where we are fighting an ogre pulling a wagon of hobgoblins that are lobbing barrels of gunpowder at us. We initially struggled with the tools, but by the end of the hour we had them mastered.

We are using Maptool from http://rptools.net and Skype. Role playing has been happening via email between sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup It's always nice to see people enjoying a good RPG. Although I prefer a face to face session myself, I'm a little jealous; I love roleplaying games but haven't had the opportunity myself to play for the last year or two. Heh, it hasn't stopped me from buying them occasionally though...

*sigh* My upcoming foray into World of Warcraft should be fun, but it doesn't really count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nice video aldie, post some more if you get a chance, or perhaps next session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Would you 'mind' giving a "listen" to this anytime soonish? surprise

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/387967

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Erb
United States
Parkersburg
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Aldie. I actually ran this scenario with a group of friends using a paper map and minis. The group did surprisingly well against the ogre, though the flaming barrels of pitch threw them for a moment. There were a lot of buildings that took damage.

Funniest moment came after the players managed to ignite the cart. Each round a new pitch cast exploded. One of the snipers on the wagon was wounded. I (as the GM) had him fire an arrow, hitting one of the PCs. Then I ended my turn, and suddenly remembered I didn't have the little guy run away from the wagon first. A cask exploded and killed him. Best part was me describing him hitting the PC, standing there grinning, and then the explosion engulfing him.

Very fun scenario.

ME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's that panel in the upper right? The video is a bit too low res to read any of it. My MapTool doesn't appear to have anything like that from the stock setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to try that out. I've been wanting to get back into D&D, but ever since my Chronomancer stopped time and butchered his entire party... well, that gaming group doesn't return my phone calls anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've just got the 4th ed rulebooks,

and i'm eager to play. anyone know where i could find a group that plays online. or interested in starting a group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie, you definitely win the prestigious +5 vorpal blade award.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.