Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite clear how english blocks winter in SCOTLAND

But I haven't found anything in rules 2.3 about english Blocks wintering in ENGLAND

Can they stay in England or did they return to the pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They return to the pool.

I was also confused about this, but under 7.4 there is a warning that "If Edward winters (in Scotland), there is no Feudal Levy this winter and England begins the next year empty."

So that is the penalty for keeping Edward engaged in Scotland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they return to the pool and (unless Edward has wintered in Scotland) they can be drawn on for feudal levy at the beginning of the next turn. Scottish blocks can't winter in England in either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just now getting around to learning this game myself and that was one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb to me without even playing the game yet. You'd think that something that important would be CLEARLY written in the rules and yet it's not there. WTF? It's not even in the updated rules on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't England just covered by the rule about castle limits? It has a castle limit of 0, so no units can winter in England. I don't think it needs an exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
viperiser wrote:
Isn't England just covered by the rule about castle limits? It has a castle limit of 0, so no units can winter in England.

This answer is so obvious it gets overlooked all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
viperiser wrote:
Isn't England just covered by the rule about castle limits? It has a castle limit of 0, so no units can winter in England. I don't think it needs an exception.

The confusion is that 7.32 which talks about castle limits for the English, specifically mentions Scotland. It says nothing about England.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
viperiser wrote:

The confusion is that 7.32 which talks about castle limits for the English, specifically mentions Scotland. It says nothing about England.

I would say that 7.32 talks about English units in Scotland, and mentions castle limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicente Martí
Spain
Onda
Castellón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I add a few questions If Eduard I happens(passes) the winter in Scotland, the units in England dissolve, but those who are in Scotland...

Do they ignore the limit of Castle in all the regions or only in this that the king?

Can they use points of reinforcement of the castles?

One of the battle:
Is he considered to be a winner to the defender if the attacker retires obligatorily after the third round? Is it possible to regroup the defender in this case?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No English units ever remain in England during Winter.

Edward I only effects the Castle Limit in the one area of Scotland that he is in; All other limits remain unchanged.

English units can use castle rebuild points to restore English infantry and nobles only. Knights, arhcers, Hobelar & Edward(s) don't get Winter replacements. All English units CAN receive pips from Pillage and Victuals.

If the Attacker is forced to retreat after 3 rounds, the victorious Defender can indeed Regroup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7.3 English Disbanding
- All blocks in England must disband.

7.4 Edward Wintering
- Neither king may winter in England.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.