Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you fail a Combat check against a Nightgaunt you are "drawn through the nearest open gate." Is this the same as a gate opening on you, in that you are Delayed as a result? In many cases it would be good to automatically get through the nearest gate which is why I ask. It seems there should be some drawback to using Nightgaunts as gate teleporters in this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No, you are not delayed going through the gate.

The drawback is that you can't automatically fail the combat. You can choose not to use weapons or spells but you still must roll the dice. Only if you legitmately fail can you get sent to the nearest gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I do is just attempt to Sneak, which is not that easy (-2). Just make sure my Sneak is 2 or less. Then it automatically deals its Combat damage against me and I get drawn through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
What I do is just attempt to Sneak, which is not that easy (-2). Just make sure my Sneak is 2 or less. Then it automatically deals its Combat damage against me and I get drawn through.

That works if you are in Arkham and deliberately are hunting Night gaunts. may not always work if one appears - especially if you are in the OW and had your Sneak up high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb Adams
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get an "Amen" from the congregation when in OW and "A monster appears!" and it's a Nightgaunt? I feel like I've conquered the world when that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.