Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie,

I would dearly love to see something on a Game Page, easily visible, to indicate whether a game is OOP or not. Not sure how easily this is done and where the info would come from (user edits?), but there are other places as well this info would be of huge benefit.

For example, collections. How great would it be to look at my own or another user's trade/want list and know what is and isn't in print at a glance?! I would never trade Advanced Civ for Dominion again, believe you me!

Thanks for all you do and keep up the great work!

Floyd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been suggested before, but seems to be too difficult to implement accurately. "In print" is a subjective term and is affected by geographical variations. Really, any game is Out of Print as soon as its batch has left the printers. Some Out of Print games can still be found in shops, if you look carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
This has been suggested before, but seems to be too difficult to implement accurately. "In print" is a subjective term and is affected by geographical variations. Really, any game is Out of Print as soon as its batch has left the printers. Some Out of Print games can still be found in shops, if you look carefully.

It would be something useful to implement though.

Perhaps if we defined "in print" as "Publisher still has copies". Once the publisher runs out, it's get them if you can still find them time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneSteeler wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:

It would be something useful to implement though.

Perhaps if we defined "in print" as "Publisher still has copies". Once the publisher runs out, it's get them if you can still find them time.

I don't think that would work either. Consider a game like Twilight Struggle from GMT. By the line of the Publisher still has copies this game would have already been out of print and then back in print and back again two or three times already. This flag would have to be kept up to date and would add more work then it is worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.