Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a used, but complete , game of Heroquest!
One of the first things I did was to check out the expansions, files, links and so on here on the GEEK...
This quickly lead me to Ye Olde Inn where there are scanned versions of EVERYTHING, from EVERY official expansion ever made for the game! No miniatures available, off course, but creative gamers should be able to find or make suitable substitutes themselves...
I downloaded all the files needed, and have started printing them out, and looking around in my boxes of old Warhammer figures and my brimming bits-box!
Anyone else done this?

If yes, are you happy with your homemade expansions, and what miniatures did you use?
A quick search and a conservative estimate says that I´ve got suitable substitutes for 90%+ of the figures just lying around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're on the right track. It'll take you a while to get through the official expansion, so pace yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the wonderful dungeon-delving world of HeroQuest! I discovered the underground HQ community (before I discovered the GEEK, actually; they directed me here ) about 2 years ago and did the same as you--downloaded EVERYTHING I COULD FIND. I have yet to print things, but I look forward to a rather long HQ campaign once my kids are old enough!

I elaborated on the many sites I found and what they are good for in this thread. Be sure to check out the German website for modular boards. I actually never plan on playing HQ on the static board ever again because it is cheap and painless to create floor pieces (there are downloadable files posted here of all the scanned HQ artwork from the board to keep the classic, vintage look). Part of the fun experience of dungeon crawling is the uncertainty of exploring. Although the HQ board was a novel idea for its time, it's not quite as fun knowing that "since we've searched every room but one, the item we need must be way over there...now to roll the dice and slowly maneuver to the other side of the board..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Secondary mission:
Do you need ALL 7 Ogres from "Against the Ogre Horde", to play the scenarios, or would it be possible with only 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a spreadsheet to show exactly how many of each figure you would need to play all of the expansions...but I don't have access to it right now. If I recall correctly, you only need a total of 4 on the board at the same time. All of the different ogre types have virtually the same stats; they are just unique-looking minis. Also, Ogre Body Points were dealt with in a REALLY WEIRD way for AtOH expansion...if I were you I'd just assign Ogres a set BP, maybe 5 or something...see how it works. The only Ogre with unique stats was the Ogre Lord (the final boss) so you'd need to identify which Ogre mini is representing him.

I'll double-check this number for you and update it if I've made a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
England
Barnard Castle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
not the nose, not the nose!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a game on eBay a few months ago. It's all painted now and wrapped up for Xmas. It came with a CD too which contains maybe every piece of HQ artwork I've ever seen. Tonnes and tonnes of boards/cards etc.
The chap I bought it from must have been a real fan (maybe a member here?)
Not sure if I should look through it and post the files. Could take forever and also not sure on copyright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.