Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Board game rules altered for 2 people rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arlen Nimchuk
msg tools
Hi, I'm a new user to the site. I'm a board game fan, though it's difficult to find others to play with. Luckily, my job (English Teacher in Japan) allows me to play games with students.

And herein lies my problem. Sometimes I'd like to play some boardgames with only one other person. Recently I purchased Clue, after not having it for many years. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternate rules that would allow me to play a game designed for 3 or more with only 2 people?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about Clue, but there are several games in which you can play with 2 players by alternating who plays a 3rd 'dummy' player. I'd recommend just looking for games that play well with 2 players. There are many many out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a few games listed on BGG with 2-player rules. Antler Island for instance. You may well get a few more individual games listed - I don't think you can develop a universal rule for all games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Coincidentally I was just looking up exactly the same thing.

There are various possibilities, and various internet sources for 2 player versions of clue, both here at BoardGameGeek and elsewhere.

This one here looks promising:

Scaled Clue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.