Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Diaz
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of the CV ships have no resource listed on them. So What do you do when those are destroyed? Do they have no effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. No effect. I don't believe the rules mention that, specifically, which would have been nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... The rules say:

Quote:
When one of these ships is destroyed, the resources (usually population) listed on the face of the token are lost.

and

Quote:
If there are no vipers in its area, the raider destroys one civilian ship in its area. The current player chooses a civilian ship in the area and flips it over. The resources listed on its face are lost, and the token is removed from the game.

When "the resources listed on its face" are nothing, then by inference, nothing is lost. The humans got lucky, and only a load of hair dryers and raincoats was lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes but the parts in a hairdryer are very useful for toasters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Murphy
Canada
flag msg tools
Obviously, though, the loss of any civilian ship means the loss of population.

Presumably, the abstract game design assumes that some ships are so small that the loss of their crew isn't enough to lower the "Population" resource dial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an episode where...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
A container ship was stripped of its crew except for a skeleton crew. Vipers were hidden on the ship to attack a Cylon base on an asteroid. If the Vipers got off this ship and the ship was destroyed, the loss of population might be too small to register on the game's wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always take the "empty" ships to be full of Sagittarons. Nobody minds if they get blown up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
gambit54 wrote:
A couple of the CV ships have no resource listed on them. So What do you do when those are destroyed? Do they have no effect?

If you are a human (or pretending to be human) jump up and down shouting "Yay, nobody was killed!"

It you are toaster go "Boo" and look sulky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, do remember to remove the token from the game, because that's one less "dud" that can come up later if another civvie is destroyed. If both duds have been destroyed, the humans know that every ship out there is at least one pop, and possibly more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship that is worth nothing is the Astral Queen: the prison ship. So Zarek's buddies aren't worth much to the fleet.
Ship names listed here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/446861
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Diaz
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to thank every one for their fun and informative replys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Seifert
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! Thank you for this thread! Really should be an official clarification about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Diaz
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ur welcome. i agree. We played on thursday and i'll tell you what, we were very thankfull for those decoy ships!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.