Subject: Roslin's weakness......... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotten small, but notable amount of disdain for Roslin's weakness, claiming it cripples her more than it should. Among some of the commentary include: she should at least be able to do actions on CO for free.... she should be able to do CO actions for only one card, but still 2 for Galactica and the Brig.

Themewise, Terminal Illness may or may not overshadow her political skillz, but I think gameplay-wise, it works out. I feel while it may be steep to discard 2 skill cards even to activate Colonial One locations, her ability to draw 2 crisis cards and resolve one of them in the end makes up for it. Your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Dreams
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roslin is a strong character, and gets stronger the larger the game is.

The two crisis cards ability is bad ass - its better than making a scout action every turn for free by a lot.

Not being able to use the president's office is a bummer, and not having straight up access to the press room is a bitch, but you can just use executive order on someone else and have the full effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Lauber
United States
Osage City
Kansas
flag msg tools
I think Roslin's weakness is overcome by her strengths, though. There are times her once-a-game of drawing 4/choosing 1 Quorum Card, when played prudently, can be game-changing. Although actions from locations are hard for her, she does get to use her skill cards as actions at face value.She can use "Consolidate Power" to draw up skill cards for use in skill checks. If she draws from the Tactics deck, she can Launch Scouts--now she can look through 3 crisis cards/turn by playing this action card and then using her regular special ability.

Roslin rocks, IMO. And, by looking through 3 crisis cards/turn and using "Consolidate Power" to draw from any old skills deck...she makes a heckuva Cylon.... Not that I've ever played her that way when a Cylon, you understand.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I H
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CthulhuDreams wrote:
Roslin is a strong character, and gets stronger the larger the game is.

I'm of the opinion that Roslin is at her best in smaller games. With three players, she controls 1/3 of the crises and replenishes her skill cards very quickly, largely negating her Terminal Illness drawback.

That said, she's still a great asset in the more preferable five-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.