Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually against what I'm about to do but if you are a WoW (online) addict, you'll understand (and forgive me - I hope).

To legitimize my thread here I'll start off with a question that may be of interest to some (but frankly I don't care what the answer is). And that is: How does this board game compare to the online experience of a five person team (arena, raid, dung, whatever)? Does it capture some sense of the action, character specialization, teamwork, tension, etc?

OK, now the plea for help. I've looked extensively on-line, and where I could in the WoW support forums, for an answer to the dreaded Error #134 problem which has plagued me unmercifully since WotLK came out. The error makes it look as though there is a corrupt file somewhere in the lines of code on your machine (nearly always a different specific file in my case); but running the repair utility and even totally re-installing has not helped. Another suggestion is a RAM h/w problem (if so, then what?). I don't believe it is a registry problem although some folks on-line appear to be trying to make money from our desperation by selling registry cleaner utils (besides, I've got a couple of decent ones already and of course that makes no difference either).

I've found the folks here on the Geek very helpful to people trying to play games on the 'puter that are similar to board games they mirror (1830 on the PC is a particularly good example). I am hoping for an Angel of Mercy here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
I think you're more likely to find help with the PC game if you post to the OT forums (I'd suggest Chit Chat). Relatively fewer people scan the game forums, and fewer will have played the online game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The game doesn't really represent anything like an online raid. You are on teams, but quite often you will split up to optimize experience gain. It is essentially an action efficiency game.

2) Your PC problem definitely appears to be either RAM or heat based. Make sure your CPU or case is not overheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I think you're more likely to find help with the PC game if you post to the OT forums (I'd suggest Chit Chat). Relatively fewer people scan the game forums, and fewer will have played the online game.

-MMM

KK, tks Matt - will try that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
1) The game doesn't really represent anything like an online raid. You are on teams, but quite often you will split up to optimize experience gain. It is essentially an action efficiency game.

2) Your PC problem definitely appears to be either RAM or heat based. Make sure your CPU or case is not overheating.

Hmmm, it does seem to crop up more often after the machine has been on for extended periods, IG or not, which suggests either heat build up and/or chance hit on bad memloc which can occur unpredictably. The odd thing is that I can often salvage more time IG, or appear to clear the problem for a while, by rebooting. That would seem to point more to the bad RAM thing...oh for a good RAM test app (a feature that used to be a standard part of most PC utility pkgs)! Thanks for your input Dan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept getting random WoW crashes, sometimes even blue screen of death. I had to replace my RAM, and so far, no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Christian
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a problem with any software, there should be a customer service or a forum for that.

Another thing to check is the health of your system, i suggest you try some tools from http://www.cpuid.com/ .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
oh for a good RAM test app (a feature that used to be a standard part of most PC utility pkgs)! Thanks for your input Dan!

Memtest is the best. There is even an ISO to make a bootable CD.
http://www.memtest.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.