Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this awesome game for the 3rd time today. This was a solo attempt. (2nd solo)

I played with 3 investigators against Yig. (and won)

My question is: when there is a reference to the number of players is this a reference to the physical number of players or to the number of investigators in play.i.e in this instance 1 player or 3 investigators.

In the game I played it as 3 therefore I needed 3 successes to remove the doom token as opposed to one.
And worked all the maximum monsters, gate numbers etc based on 3 investigators and not 1 player.

This forum has been a great help in getting most of the rules down thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means the number of investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Investigators. FFG did not realize how popular the variant would be for single players to run multiple investigators. Otherwise, they would have most certainly used "investigators" instead of "players" in all these situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies. I thought it might be that way but just wanted to make sure. Now I just need to convince the other half to give it another go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.