Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was perusing the games database here to decide what my next FFG game purchase would be, I found that FFG had aquired the rights to Talisman from GW, and that there is now a Revised 4th Edition. I remembered that I purchased a copy of the game from a GW store several years ago, but only played it once. I found my copy of the game, 3rd edition, and it's still in great condition so I put it up for sale here.

My question is: Are people still interested in this older edition of the game even though a newer 4th edition is available? After reading the reviews on the revised 4th edition I decided I wanted to purchase it, part of why I decided to sell the 3rd edition. How do the two games differ? I only vaguely remember playing the 3rd edition and I dont think we even finished the game, for whatever reason.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This a good game, better than 4th edition, if you have the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing how crazy the market is for the 3rd ed. Yes i'd say that we are many people still interested in it!

sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I tried to get a feel for how the market is for it and there's just not that many out there. I figured that could either be there's not much demand for it, or people are snatching them up as soon as they see it. I suppose it is the later then. Now I am questioning whether I should sell it or not.

Which would I enjoy more, 3rd edition or 4th? I'm certainly not going to invest in the expansions for 3rd edition, considering what they are selling for now and how hard they are to come by, so if its only better with the expansions then it may not be worth it. And if 4th edition is getting decent support from FFG then getting future expansions for 4th would be fairly easy. Quite the conundrum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3rd plays really well with the expansions, which were well-integrated. Just the bones of a game without it - FFG's Reaper expansion already makes 4th one hell of a game, and the art and all round production is far superior. Flog it and trade up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Warren
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices for the 3rd edition might not survive the release of FFG's versions of the expansions - Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Dungeon Expansion will likely come out this year. While 2nd and 3rd edition each have their own particular aesthetic charm it's unlikely that appreciation for said aesthetics is enough to support the current price levels. Unless 3rd holds a special nostalgic place in your heart, I would advise selling it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Cameron
United States
Magnolia
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know if the price drops conciderably on the expansions I would love to get them and fill out that version of the game. I liked it for the large mini's but did not care too much for the artwork or the small board. Loved the experience though Purple Cones!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.