Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside of AH's version of the game, is there another game or a place where they make space ships that stack together nicely?

I need more kinds of ships for CE. I know FFG will make 3 more players in the upcoming expansion but I need for a total of 14 players, so I'd be missing 6 more types of stacking ships. Or I could just purchase another FFG CE and paint the ships a different color.... but I don't know how to do it so that the paint doesn't fade out from the constant handling. Any ideas out there?

If you can direct this lost soul to a website where I could find nice space ships that stack together, it would be most appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're in the same boat as many of us. You could home-brew your own set from scratch if you want everything to match, but I've also considered the idea of purchasing a 2nd copy and painting the other ships, there may be some kind of sealant that you can purchase from a hobby store so the paint doesn't wear so much, but I'd have to look into it.

The color of the planets isn't as big a deal since they don't move into other systems, but I was going to print out some stickers of real planets for my set --- I'm just trying to compare costs of parts, ink, etc. to home-brew with that of just buying another copy and re-doing some of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know about stacking space ships, but a craft store like Michael's should hold lots of possible objects. Check the bead aisle, the wood bits aisle, and the artificial flower arrangement aisle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Lego? Or Poker chips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Icehouse pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't we just "bother" FFG into selling aftermarket parts for CE? I just need the yellow UFOs since they would be the easiest to paint over since it's a light color, as opposed to dark blue or red which are darker and therefore harder to cover over.

As for a sealant, how about something called "Krystol Klear" or something to that effect? Would that protectthe paint from fading over constant handling?

Then there's the hugely remote possibility that FFG will up the ante on CE to 16 players but I'm not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I need for a total of 14 players

14 players!!! Wow. How long does a session like that take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
some companies make custom cast components for table top strategy games. You might be able to get them to make copies of the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
check the Thrift Store
they always have one or two of these laying around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg N
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If you're going to have 14 players you're probably going to need a second deck of cards anyway so why not just buy another copy and paint the ships from it?

AnotherGeek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starbuck
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krylon Fusion spray paint is made specifically to bond with plastic, if you decide to go that route...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottle caps for ships, and coasters from your favorite bars for planets.

Then when you negotiate, you can do it over a beer.

This was supposed to be funny, but now I think I might do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.