Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen tons of posts on here with people asking where they can get poker chips to use instead of paper money in their games. I just wanted to let everyone know that MeeplePeople.com has decided to offer the Poker To Go sets of miniature poker chip sets that have been seen at some gaming conventions recently:
http://meeplepeople.com/proddetail.php?prod=Poker01

We're offering it cheaper than anywhere else, and also are offering everything separately... you can get the chips without the case, the case separately, and we also have mini chips with pre-printed denominations (1's,5's,10's,20's,50's,100's, and 500's) on them:
http://meeplepeople.com/products.php?cat=49

The chips feel great in your hands!... a LOT better than crappy paper money.

Normally I don't post anything about our new products but I am particularly excited about this one.... and since so many people regularly ask about poker chips as "money" in this forum, I thought it was worthy of a post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a "Poker to Go" set and it's great. It's so much easier to carry around than a full size set of poker chips. The denomination stamped ones are very very tempting. You are an evil woman Cynthia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Err, can someone loan me 100 GG? There's something I would like to bid on in the GG Auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 sets of these, but the denominated ones are very tempting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the basic non-stamped set and it's awesome. I would be tempted to get the stamped chips, but I think the non-standard matching of colors to denominations would drive me nuts. But that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron N. Tubbs
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking for something that could replace the paper money for a while, and haven't quite been ready to take the BGWS plunge of getting high-quality clay chips; I think I'll give these a shot as an interim solution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you get pre-numbered in a case?

Like can you get a bundle discount?
I noticed there is a set of 210 prenumbered chips, why not bump that up to 300 so you can get case and chips at once?

Also if there is no bundle, does the solo case still come with the dealer button and deck of cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have the un-denominated version of these and they are by far my favorite mini sized chips. I have a nice set of full size clay chips but many players prefer these because their size and ease of handling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Can you get pre-numbered in a case?

Like can you get a bundle discount?
I noticed there is a set of 210 prenumbered chips, why not bump that up to 300 so you can get case and chips at once?

Also if there is no bundle, does the solo case still come with the dealer button and deck of cards?

No, we don't have the chips in the case. What most people are doing it looks like, is getting 3 sets of the 210 chips and two empty cases. With the deck of cards gone, you can actually fit the extra 30 chips in the spots where the cards would have gone and it works out perfectly.

No, to save customers on shipping costs I have taken out the decks of cards and the dealer token as most people have no use for them and they will just have to pay for the extra shipping weight. If anyone wants the deck of cards and dealer token though, I have no problem adding it back in as long as they request it in the order. In fact, I have tons of these decks of cards if anyone has a use for them, you can have them. LOL Just let me know.

Cynthia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay, this is exactly what I have been looking for to replace money in games .

I ordered to sets of denominated chips .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
cynthialandon wrote:

We're offering it cheaper than anywhere else, and also are offering everything separately...

Unfortunately, you do not have them "cheaper than anywhere else"; your shipping charges ($25 for the equivalent of 3 sets) render this not a very good deal.

That is unfortunate, as I would be purchasing them if the shipping wasn't so high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
cynthialandon wrote:

We're offering it cheaper than anywhere else, and also are offering everything separately...

Unfortunately, you do not have them "cheaper than anywhere else"; your shipping charges ($25 for the equivalent of 3 sets) render this not a very good deal.

That is unfortunate, as I would be purchasing them if the shipping wasn't so high.

Our shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the items and where you are shipping to. In most cases, the shipping on all orders from our website work out to exactly what it costs us to ship the items. I will be shipping the first sets tomorrow morning and will double check this to make sure all the weights were put in the computer correctly.

What I was referring to was that everywhere else I have seen these sets for sale have ranged from $17-24 per set plus shipping. I priced ours cheaper than all of those. Also, I am not aware of anyone else offering the numbered sets at all, at any price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
If three sets worth of chips/cases really cost you $25 to ship to the West Coast, you *really* need to explore other shipping solutions.

It is true, I haven't seen the numbered sets anywhere else, but the non-denominated sets are available elsewhere for $18, including shipping to anywhere in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynthia - I'm not complaining about your shipping, but you might want to look into using FedEx for some of your orders. They can be a lot cheaper than USPS.

My work cut a deal with them, so they are our single shipping supplier and we get a great deal on shipping to business addresses, it's an ok deal, not fabulous for shipping to residential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also not a complaint, just a suggestion that the printed chips could be made to match traditional chip denominations:

white=1
red=5
green=25
black=100

and a pre-printed set and case, maybe like:

150 x white
100 x red
40 x green
10 x black

would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what these chips are made of?

the blurb refers

"......have the look and feel of the real thing...."

which could cover quite a wide range of products.

I suppose what I am asking is what do they feel like? Texture, weight, do they slip easily, hold stacking well etc. Also despite their size are they "nice" to hold and play with in your hands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick King
United States
Berkeley Lake
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
any chance there may be whites without denominations in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Cynthia - I'm not complaining about your shipping, but you might want to look into using FedEx for some of your orders. They can be a lot cheaper than USPS.

My work cut a deal with them, so they are our single shipping supplier and we get a great deal on shipping to business addresses, it's an ok deal, not fabulous for shipping to residential.

Yes, that is what we found. FedEx and UPS were on average ridiculously high compared with USPS for relatively small residential orders. We have gone to both companies and DHL and they all were not an option for 95% of our orders.

havoc110 wrote:

Also not a complaint, just a suggestion that the printed chips could be made to match traditional chip denominations:

white=1
red=5
green=25
black=100

and a pre-printed set and case, maybe like:

150 x white
100 x red
40 x green
10 x black

would be awesome!

I agree that the colors were not ideal. Unfortunately they didn't give us a choice in them. boo

Boom04 wrote:

the blurb refers

I suppose what I am asking is what do they feel like? Texture, weight, do they slip easily, hold stacking well etc. Also despite their size are they "nice" to hold and play with in your hands?

I believe they are some kind of plastic... but they do feel very nice in my opinion... I love playing with them and rubbing them together. lol But I encourage people to post their own opinions about this here once they start to arrive... I think they feel great... have a good weight for their size, and yes, they stack nicely. I think they feel much nicer than the pictures would lead you to imagine.

ohgeetee wrote:
any chance there may be whites without denominations in the future?

I really don't know. Like I said, I wasn't given options this time but if sometime in the future I do get options I will take all of these suggestions into consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

the blurb refers

I find them slightly rubbery. They are not slick. They stack very well for their size. They have good hand feel but not like a clay or composite chip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I bought mine around 18 months ago I paid $25 + shipping. I could only find them from one source at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
badge
cynthialandon wrote:
If you decide you would still like to order the same order you currently have in your cart, I am willing to package it this way if you request it in your order, and I will refund you the difference in actual shipping cost. (Should save you $14.40) I'm sorry but the website is not able to auto determine what is able to fit in a flat rate box and in this case your order really barely fits anyway.... this is the best I can do for you in this case.

Cynthia thanks for the personalized service, and for going the extra mile. I do appreciate it.

I'll be completing the order shortly, and will reference this discussion.

Thanks again.

I do agree that for most of what you sell, USPS is going to be cheaper; for heavier/buklier items like this, UPS and Fedex should be significantly more competitive. Whether you'll do enough chip business to justify another shipping account is another matter; though lower shipping on these would help them to sell better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so people can get a feel for the size a little better, perhaps a picture of these chips next to a normal sized poker chip? Or the deck of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
cynthialandon wrote:
I think they feel great... have a good weight for their size, and yes, they stack nicely.

I thoguht they stacked rather poorly. Anything past about 5-7 chips becomes quite unstable. This is not a complaint on the chip material, just a direct implication of the small diameter of the chips.

gilby123 wrote:
Just so people can get a feel for the size a little better, perhaps a picture of these chips next to a normal sized poker chip? Or the deck of cards?

Working off memory I'd put them around 17mm diameter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynthia, are you able to tell us what's the weight of the box with 300 denominated chips in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got the 'Poker To Go' set on ebay recently for $17.99, free shipping. I see they've got six up for sale right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.